The Student Room Group

Who's winging English Language?

Are you winging English Language on Tuesday?

My exam board is AQA.

Have a quick look at this though:

http://www.burford.oxon.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Year-11-Mock-Revision-Guide-2015.pdf

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No but I'm winging my philosophy A2 exams, so same thing right?
I winged my GCSE OCR English Language last year and got a B.
Just watch Mr Bruff videos the day/night before or the morning of the exam.

All it is is analysis and technique.
Reply 4
I don't even know about the English Language exam... ._.

I'm just trying to write down notes for each question, and have to see how it goes I guess...

By the way, is it better to do Section B before Section A? If you want more details please check out a thread I made about it.
Original post by Argo00
I don't even know about the English Language exam... ._.

I'm just trying to write down notes for each question, and have to see how it goes I guess...

By the way, is it better to do Section B before Section A? If you want more details please check out a thread I made about it.

Time management is key and MAKE SURE you answer the question. People lose marks by just including irrelevant quotations in their answers. Additionally, do what is best for you. If starting from the end of the paper is easier for you then go for it. I personally prefer starting from Q1 so I can get the easier marks out of the way quickly.
My plan is to watch Mr Bruff the day before and do some question which I will send to my teacher via email. She'll mark it and then yeh then rest will be luck. Good luck to all dah mandem
Might watch a few Mr Bruff videos the night/morning before, but after History tomorrow I need to start revising for Computing instead :redface:
:wavey:
Original post by Argo00
Do you do OCR Computing may I ask?

Yep - bane of my life :colonhash:
Original post by surina16
Yep - bane of my life :colonhash:

Ahh, how you revising?!?!
Original post by Argo00
Ahh, how you revising?!?!

I have no idea tbh since my teacher was an ICT teacher and we didn't really get taught anything :colonhash:. I made flashcards which I'm hoping to just memorise and repeat in the exam :redface:
Reply 12
I am just going to go in and do my best.if I had like half an hour more I would have been getting easy A*s but I am always a mark from it and it's cause of question 4.also I think secondary school teacher mark tooooo harsh but examiners are much more lenient so it should be fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah I am winging my AS English Language exam on Wednesday lol :tongue:
Consider the exam winged, how's a teacher supposed to teach you to answer a f*ckin english language exam paper?
Who ever came up with the exam must have been a cannibal.
Metaphorically speaking.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Consider the exam winged, how's a teacher supposed to teach you to answer a f*ckin english language exam paper?
Who ever came up with the exam must have been a cannibal.
Metaphorically speaking.

I'm doing it for A Level and I found the GCSE paper quite easy, a lot of it is common sense and you just need to know terminology and that's it, Literature is the hard stuff.
Original post by Rhythmical
I'm doing it for A Level and I found the GCSE paper quite easy, a lot of it is common sense and you just need to know terminology and that's it, Literature is the hard stuff.

It is easy, it's just TOO SHORT OF TIME TO WRITE 6 long questions.
It's also a lot of time to be SITTING in an exam hall.
It is easy, it's just TOO SHORT OF TIME TO WRITE 6 long questions.
It's also a lot of time to be SITTING in an exam hall.

I know, A Level is where it gets harder, it's too much to remember.
Original post by Rhythmical
I know, A Level is where it gets harder, it's too much to remember.

May the odds be forever in your favour.
May the odds be forever in your favour.

I'll be glad to get rid of it next year, it was an accident me choosing the subject but I just carried on haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending