The Student Room Group

Why is M2 so hard?

It is so hard. I can do the questions but it takes so long and the questions are so long and difficult to get the hang of answering,

Can't wait till next year when I don't have to do any more mechanics. It's so hard
Reply 1
Original post by Obnox
I feel the same, the long questions on proving that triangles are congruent or proving that some lines are parallel annoy me so much :frown:, its not proper maths imo.

Are you sure you mean edexcel m2 (A-Level)? Because I haven't seen questions asking to prove that triangles are congruent.
Reply 2
M2's not too bad. Questions are pretty consistent, and there isn't really that much theory you need to learn in comparison to other modules.
Reply 3
Original post by biglad2k16
Are you sure you mean edexcel m2 (A-Level)? Because I haven't seen questions asking to prove that triangles are congruent.

Oops, im talking about GCSE Methods 2 sorry :shy2::facepalm:
In the M family, M1 is the stubborn one, M2 is emo, M3 is the older sex bomb. Imo of course :tongue:
Reply 5
Yea M2 is pretty straight forward after learning centre of mass and collisions, what is it that you're not liking in M2?
Mechanics as a whole.. I don't know, it can be so icky. Which is why I only studied M1 and went up to S4 instead for Further Maths.

There's just so much they can throw at you and be weird, whereas with stats they have less room to do that.

I feel your pain, it must not be much fun. :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM
Mechanics as a whole.. I don't know, it can be so icky. Which is why I only studied M1 and went up to S4 instead for Further Maths.

There's just so much they can throw at you and be weird, whereas with stats they have less room to do that.

I feel your pain, it must not be much fun. :s-smilie:

I can barely stand S1 and S2, some people must just have preferences, I was hapyw with mechanics upto M3
Original post by Abdullaaa
I can barely stand S1 and S2, some people must just have preferences, I was hapyw with mechanics upto M3

:lol: agreed, for a lot of people it's one or the other, and that's cool :tongue: people can find stats to be so boring.
Each to their own :lol:

The way I see it, mechanics is a lot more interesting than all of that number crunching that you do in statistics. The key is to draw clear, labelled diagrams using all the information given. And all of the questions are, of course, tailored to the syllabus so it's not like they're trying to catch you out or anything. :biggrin:

STEP mechanics was probably my favourite part, though :ahee:
Yeah M2 is made even more annoying because it's so hard and I need 90% Ums to get an A*. It's so har as well. I make so many mistakes.
Personally i havent done m2 but just did an m1 exam. I think its all down to practice right? The morre you do,the better you will be at it. Good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending