The Student Room Group

Are these GCSEs good enough for these unis?

Planning to apply for Imperial, UCL and KCL for my top 3 unis, with the other two being safeties (likely QMUL and City). Computer Science degree.

These are my GCSE grades: 998888665 and one M2 for business studies vocational. I got an 8 in maths, physics, computer science and biology. The two 9s are for history and chemistry. Chose maths, cs, and physics for a levels.

If do very well in a levels, what are the chances of my GCSE grades holding me back? 2 marks off a 9 in physics, and 5 marks off a 9 in math, barely scraped an 8 in computer science. Imperial is probably a far shot?
What are the 5 and 6s in?
Reply 3
Original post by thrivingfrog
What are the 5 and 6s in?

5 for Design and Technology and 6s for English literature and lang
Reply 4
Original post by SalazariQ
5 for Design and Technology and 6s for English literature and lang

6 in English language could be problematic
Reply 5
Planning to apply for Imperial, UCL and KCL for my top 3 unis, with the other two being safeties (likely QMUL and City). Computer Science degree.

These are my GCSE grades: 998888665 and one M2 for business studies vocational. I got an 8 in maths, physics, computer science and biology. The two 9s are for history and chemistry. Chose maths, cs, and physics for a levels.

If do very well in a levels, what are the chances of my GCSE grades holding me back? 2 marks off a 9 in physics, and 5 marks off a 9 in math, barely scraped an 8 in computer science. Imperial is probably a far shot?

I rlly don't see why you would be held much back? Those are solid grades.

read here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7390265

Quick Reply

Latest