The Student Room Group

whats the cheapest soft drink available at a bar that isnt a lime and soda?

^^
It's my mates hen party on wednesday and as it's going cost me a bomb in train tickets to get there and to the wedding, i need to spend as little as possible so anyone know what the cheapest drink for a teetotaler generally is? (i m allergic to lime and soda so need to avoid that really)
coke/lemonade/orange juice
or water
Tap water :idea:

But buy what you'll enjoy, it won't be too expensive, and if you pace yourself you won't need much through the night

Spoiler

Reply 3
Blackcurrant and lemonade - if you can still drink lemonade (most people I know how are allergic to lime are allergic to lemons too). That's what I always get when I can't drink alcohol or can't be bothered to drink and it only costs about £1.20 to £1.50 depending on the pub and sometimes I even get it in a pint glass for that price :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Blackcurrant and lemonade - if you can still drink lemonade (most people I know how are allergic to lime are allergic to lemons too). That's what I always get when I can't drink alcohol or can't be bothered to drink and it only costs about £1.20 to £1.50 depending on the pub and sometimes I even get it in a pint glass for that price :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lemonade is a safe one for me, it's not citrus I m allergic to specifically it's an additive they like to stick in cordials and Mountain Dew:tongue: £1.50s alright, anymore than that and I ll bite the bullet and ask for tap water I think.

Original post by jawsontheflooor
coke/lemonade/orange juice
or water

An orange juice always used to be so expensive in pubs, looks like it's going to be a coke/lemonade night.

Original post by Vicky628
Tap water :idea:

But buy what you'll enjoy, it won't be too expensive, and if you pace yourself you won't need much through the night

Spoiler

Hopefully it won't be too expensive, I ve not been out at all this year but last time not having a drink in my hand seems to really draw attention to the fact I m not drinking so want to have something to hand really.
Original post by claireestelle
I m allergic to .... Mountain Dew:tongue:

OMG you poor person! :console:

MOUNTAIN DEW is life. :drool:
Original post by Sabertooth
OMG you poor person! :console:

MOUNTAIN DEW is life. :drool:

I ve only had it the once so can't really remember what I m missing so I guess it's not so bad.
Black currant or orange with soda also the same price. Most bars don't change for soda water, just the cordial dash.

Lemonade or Coke can be expensive - post mix is one of the highest profit making drinks as it costs around £0.12 for a pint and can sell for £2.50-£3.50 depending on location and class of the establishment.
Tap water

Quick Reply

Latest