The Student Room Group

Student finance gone up for second year

Hi, my student finance has gone up drastically for the second year by a couple of grand. Our family income has only decreased by a little, is this normal?
Do you now have any siblings at uni?
Original post by Tiger Rag
Do you now have any siblings at uni?

Nope! My sister has just finished her third year in fact, but I don't think that had a great deal of impact on my loan previously as it was an NHS course and she was living at home with a load of bursaries
Original post by Billywalkerrr
Nope! My sister has just finished her third year in fact, but I don't think that had a great deal of impact on my loan previously as it was an NHS course and she was living at home with a load of bursaries

I must also add the rise in size of loan is because they have now given me a grant. I didn't have one last year.
Original post by Billywalkerrr
I must also add the rise in size of loan is because they have now given me a grant. I didn't have one last year.

If your household income has decreased a little, you'd get a bit more. But not a huge amount. I assume that you weren't living at home last year and decided to move out ths year? That would only impact on the amount of loan you can get.
Original post by Tiger Rag
If your household income has decreased a little, you'd get a bit more. But not a huge amount. I assume that you weren't living at home last year and decided to move out ths year? That would only impact on the amount of loan you can get.

I was living in Halls last year and am now moving into a house with 4 other boys from my halls, my uni is like 3 hours from home so haven't had the opportunity to stay at home and travel to uni.
Hi Billywalkerr

It could be higher as you are living away from home, the household income has changed or you may not have had a grant in the previous year.
If you would like us to check anything please call: 0300 100 0607

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending