The Student Room Group

Masters degree... worth it?

Hi all,

I currently study physics but pursuing a career in finance - currently interning in IB operations. I'm also enrolled in a 4 year MSci course and have just completed my 2nd year (got a 1st). If I do well in the internship, however, I could get offered a full time role once I've got my 3 year BSc.

Any advice? Would the MSci masters in my case be worth it in the long run or a waste of time? I'd also like to point out that, if possible, I'd like to try move from operations into front office finance in the future.

cheers!
bump
Original post by Should_be_studying
Hi all,

I currently study physics but pursuing a career in finance - currently interning in IB operations. I'm also enrolled in a 4 year MSci course and have just completed my 2nd year (got a 1st). If I do well in the internship, however, I could get offered a full time role once I've got my 3 year BSc.

Any advice? Would the MSci masters in my case be worth it in the long run or a waste of time? I'd also like to point out that, if possible, I'd like to try move from operations into front office finance in the future.

cheers!

Up to you. It's an extra year to learn interesting stuff and work on a project of your choice - if that's worth it vs just going into work then boom. If not, take the job offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending