The Student Room Group

Brexit and EU Students in England

How and when will the Brexit influence study opportunities and conditions for EU students in England? Will we be treated like all international students which means that the costs will rise or can I count on finishing my Bsc.on the same conditions I will start with this year?
You will be fine. 2 years for negotiations anyway and even then there will be transitional arrangements. If you are from an EU country we wnat to remain friends with, then there will be a bilateral agreement so students cna go either way.
Reply 2
Original post by Hilde-die-Wilde
How and when will the Brexit influence study opportunities and conditions for EU students in England? Will we be treated like all international students which means that the costs will rise or can I count on finishing my Bsc.on the same conditions I will start with this year?

the article 50 process has been delayed and anyway, there is a further 2 years of negotiations before any steps are then taken, so you have plenty of time to study in uk in the meantime. i would also imagine there will be some quite lenient student visa to attract the eu students back to uk
Original post by Chakede
the article 50 process has been delayed and anyway, there is a further 2 years of negotiations before any steps are then taken, so you have plenty of time to study in uk in the meantime. i would also imagine there will be some quite lenient student visa to attract the eu students back to uk

So there is no riks of an increase in tution fees for EU students for the next few years? I would actually feel more comfortable if all English Universities would state like UCL:
“UCL can confirm it has no plans to change the tuition fees for EU students that have already been published for 2016/17. EU students who are registered at the university in 2016/17 (either as a new or continuing student) will continue to be charged the home rate for tuition fees for all subsequent years of their programme.”
Reply 4
So there is no riks of an increase in tution fees for EU students for the next few years? I would actually feel more comfortable if all English Universities would state like UCL:
“UCL can confirm it has no plans to change the tuition fees for EU students that have already been published for 2016/17. EU students who are registered at the university in 2016/17 (either as a new or continuing student) will continue to be charged the home rate for tuition fees for all subsequent years of their programme.”

i think once you are registered on a programme, they couldnt alter the fees half-way through. dont worry, we maybe out of EU, but we arnt going to put off students from coming here, universities is still one of the most important industries we have in UK

From my uni:

Spoiler

There is no reason to change. We are still in the EU until its sorted out. If you want that sourced from YCL, then why not contact UCL?
They won't be able to impose higher fees on you retrospectively you've already signed a contract with them. I imagine it will be like the student fee increase where there will be a first generation who must conform to the rules and those who were in before will continue under their current arrangements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending