The Student Room Group

Can you get student finance if you take a year out and work full time?

Hi,

I wondered if i were to take a gap year and reject my uni offers this year, and get a job for a year, then reapply for university next year if I could still get a student loan and tuition fee loan?
Hey,

Of course you'll be able to get the maintenance loan and tuition fees loan. :smile:

Just know that if you do go to uni, the maximum amount of funding you'll be able to get is the: length of your course + 1 year.
If you do drop out in the first year, you'll be able to get 3 years funded for when you return but if your course is for four years, then you may need to fund the last year.

Please quote me if you have anymore questions. :h:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hey,

Of course you'll be able to get the maintenance loan and tuition fees loan. :smile:

Just know that if you do go to uni, the maximum amount of funding you'll be able to get is the: length of your course + 1 year.
If you do drop out in the first year, you'll be able to get 3 years funded for when you return but if your course is for four years, then you may need to fund the last year.

Please quote me if you have anymore questions. :h:

if the OP studies 1 year of a course, drops out and starts a 4 year course then they get the whole of the 4 year course funded. Doesn't matter how long the new course is, as long as they haven't had more than one year of study previously the new course is fully funded. If the OP drops out after 2 years of a course and wants to start a new 4 year course then the last 3 years would be funded but they would have to fund tuition fees for their first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending