The Student Room Group

Islam has ‘no place’ in my country, says next EU president

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolnookay123
Islam as an ideology has no place in Europe? Islam means peace, how can you say there's no place for peace? Haha, go do some research.

Try again, troll.
Original post by champ_mc99
This.

When I see news of Muslim migrants comitting rape I never see them doing it using religious justification. Whilst the whole #culturenotreligon is very cliché, it's hard to deny in many cases that it's the culture that plays a large part.

I'd be inclined to agree if it wasn't for Islam having a rather massive impact on the cultures within the countries where it's the dominant religion.

It's hardly a secret that within said countries, women are treated like second-class citizens.
Im a Muslim and glad we left the racist EU
Original post by ~scorpio~
Islam is very diverse, ranging from peaceful/spiritual sects to extremists who take things out of context and literally. So you can't blame such a large religion for actions of minority.

It's foolish to attempt to place any blame. What you can do' since even moderate muslims seem to share little of my values, is play it safe and limit contact with the majority of them. Far from being racist, it may stop a great number of people from becoming so. From what I can see nothings to be lost.
Reply 64
I really don't see any problem with the leader of a country not allowing Muslims or any other group to enter if that's the will of the people (Certainly the only two Slovaks I know hate Muslims fwiw).

Apart from anything else Muslims are going to inherit the earth so as long as they are not being ill treated in the meantime they should just chill.

(And even if they don't inherit the earth the fact that they think they will means they should stop moaning .)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oldercon1953
It's foolish to attempt to place any blame. What you can do' since even moderate muslims seem to share little of my values, is play it safe and limit contact with the majority of them. Far from being racist, it may stop a great number of people from becoming so. From what I can see nothings to be lost.

Trust me, many of us do limit contact with them and we don't want anything to do with them. It's just that we are never publicised in the media because it doesn't sell.
Original post by TitanCream
My issue with comments such as these are, how can one be opposed to multiculturalism in the EU? Its pretty much about bringing all into one.

It's a difference in scale. Taking another christian/atheist state like France and allowing its people to influence our culture is one thing but to take an Islamic state and allow its people to influence your culture is almost to destroy your own.
Original post by ~scorpio~
Im a Muslim and glad we left the racist EU

I always thought you guys loved the EU and liberal left. I almost spat out my drink when i saw Bradford declare for out.
Original post by Rakas21
I always thought you guys loved the EU and liberal left. I almost spat out my drink when i saw Bradford declare for out.

We may be Muslims, but we all have our views. A lot of us are proud to be British and we need a government that puts interest in the British people first. I voted leave because we are better off.
Original post by Rakas21

there was a concerted effort by brexit heads to engage muslim groups especially int he the poorest uk areas in north and midlands - to canvess mosques etc. its easy enough to gain support from these muslims communities if you have an islamic group to quote mohammed here or there , or make some tenuous link to palestine etc. shows the power of propaganda and duplicitous nature of politics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending