The Student Room Group

problems with sixth form application! need desperate help!!!!

(edited 7 years ago)
I had the same problem as you did! I chose to go to college, a 30-40 minute drive out. While it was irritating at times, it was actually nice to get away from school and start fresh. It was also nice being able to study what I wanted to study. If you're set on business, try and find a way to do it. If the college offers it, apply for it. Even if you apply and go to interview etc, you still have no commitment. You can apply to more than one place and you'll just enrol where you want to study next year. It sounds like you really want to be able to do business, so definitely look into whether it's on at the college. As for the transport costs, there are schemes available to help you with that. Because it would be the closest place offering the course, if you have a low enough income you'll be able to get some help. The financial services team at college will be able to help you look into that :smile:
I would apply to the college. There is no point doing courses that don't appeal to you and don't get you to where you want to be. Have a look around and decide if you would be happy there. Think carefully whether a larger, more anonymous college environment will suit you. Also consider how easily you make new friends. Moving will be a challenge but could actually be a very positive thing for you.
If money is an issue, look for part time work or a temporary summer job and save to help out the family finances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Is there any income based support available for you- there may be a hardship fund? (At the collage)
If not;
If you are not going to study maths to A Level physics will be too hard (I would consider maths though- it is very well respected)
You could consider doing Biology opposed to geography- it would be good in combination with chemistry
If you did drop the geo and do biology, chemistry and maths you would not need a 4th a level
What do you actualy want to do after sixform?

Quick Reply

Latest