The Student Room Group

GCSE

Guys I moved from Italy in 2021 I was meant to go to Year 10 but cuz of language problems I was put in Year 9, I just attended 2 months, then I went into Year 10 but we had lockdown for a few months like just 2, then I went into Year 11 and gave Gcse this year and failed most of them now because I couldn't get my 1st choice A level choices I will be resitting all my gcse as I wasn't happy with my grades at all and feel confident in studying independently with tutors and tuition etc... and give gcse next year and then finally join Sixth Form. By the time I join Sixth form I will be 18 years old is that a problem will I have any disadvantages or is it fine? Will unis mind my age even if I have goood grades and high? Or do they just look at grades?
Reply 1
Unis don’t care about your age, plenty of people go to uni later than 18. They would rather you were a strong applicant and prepared for uni life than rush it for the sake of being 18!
Reply 2
Original post by ALEreapp
Unis don’t care about your age, plenty of people go to uni later than 18. They would rather you were a strong applicant and prepared for uni life than rush it for the sake of being 18!

Ok got it but i also asked if starting Sixth Form at 18 was a problem too please let me knoww

Quick Reply

Latest