The Student Room Group

If I dont touch my privates when goin toilet do I really need to was my hands?

Just had a pee n I didnt touch my privates at all so didnt wash hands, is this justified? Not that if I did id wash them anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(edited 7 years ago)
No. I wash my hands just if I touch my toilet door handle.
Yeah there's loads of opportunities to catch germs like touching the seat/handle/sink and even when the pee goes in or you flush there is some major splashing so best wash the things that you eat with.
Reply 4
Can't believe someone would even consider not washing their hands. Disgooosting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eww you're suppose to wash your hands regardless.
No, you can just shake the snake
toilet = germs
no matter what you do in the toilet, once you entered you gotta wash your hand :fuhrer:
:biggrin:uality!
Reply 9
I open, shut and lock the door and flush with my hands covered in tissue and I still always wash my hands. No excuses!!
Reply 10
Original post by goam
I open, shut and lock the door and flush with my hands covered in tissue and I still always wash my hands. No excuses!!

Your're OTT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsapRocky
Just had a pee n I didnt touch my privates at all so didnt wash hands, is this justified? Not that if I did id wash them anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TheStudentRoom never fails to disappoint.
Reply 12

better safe than sorry :wink:
You need to wash your privates, my friend.

*You're :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything we touch has germs on it. So, it would be better if you did.
Not the kind of thing I'd normally discuss in polite company, but since you did bring it up...

Assuming you're male and all you did was urinate. If you don't touch the bathroom door handle with your hands (maybe it has one of those new foot-pedal openers), and manage to aim without... well, touching yourself... then really, there's nothing wrong with it. If you're a girl or you produced any feces, though... then you need to wipe with toilet paper, and that means your hands are dirty and you need to wash them.

I wouldn't talk about not washing them, though. It produces all kinds of gross mental images and violates people's sense of good hygiene unless you go into graphic detail about exactly what you did in the bathroom, which is also unpleasant.

But if you're in a major hurry, and you really need to urinate... then you could just carefully pull down your pants, go, and then pull them back up without touching anything, and run out the door, making sure not to touch the door handle/knob with your bare hands on either entry or exit.

Two things that make this a lot easier in some modern bathrooms where I live, are bathrooms that either lack doors completely or have foot-pedals, and toilets that flush automatically on a sensor so that you don't have to touch the handle.

Even failing that, using a handkerchief or any handy cloth to touch the doors/handles and then putting it away is the next best thing.

Don't sweat it; your live-in carer will have budgeted for a mop by now, I'm sure.
Original post by student.feed
You need to wash your privates, my friend.

To guard against stains of the genetic variety; I'd suggest Dettol.
Does it come out itself? :hmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest