The Student Room Group

The majority of people are idiots who cant think for themselves

They are just a product of society propaganda. Every single culture has a lot of propaganda in it. its not just as simple as everything the west says is right is right and everything the west says is wrong is wrong.

Society changes the rules every few hundred years. Can guarantee you there will be something that todays society sees as right which will be seen as wrong by future societies.

Scroll to see replies

...and, of course, you're one of the exceptions and have a unique insight into what is right?
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
...and, of course, you're one of the exceptions and have a unique insight into what is right?

I have my own opinions of what is right and wrong. I use facts to alter my judgement. I think independently. First and foremost if you want to be 100% rational you will know whats considered right and wrong is an opinion in most cases. Lets look at what society says is right and see what facts they have to support their opion and do the same with what society says is wrong. If you think independently you see that society is an ignorant hypocritical piece of ****.

If someone doesn't like your opinion they will tell you to stop pushing your opinion onto them while also pushing their opinion ontopeople who do acts they find despicable. And because the majority of society agree with them they think that must mean they are right. However these ignorant fools fail to look back 200 years and realise that the majority of society had the view that blacks were inferior to rights.

Let me ask you this question. Say we had tsr back in the 1700 and someone made a thread saying they were white and they are going to marry a black person. How many people do you think would be saying that is wrong? How many people would be calling the op disgusting? Now say that thread was made today- how many people would think that is wrong?

Exactly. People are a product of society thinking and they cant think for themselves. If the nazis won world war 2 the majority of people on here would be calling hitler a hero. ' What a great man he was saving us from the Jews'. You know what I would be doing? I would be telling them they are wrong. How is it fair to just abuse jews like that. And I would be getting attacked, called a freak for supporting Jews.
Reply 4
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

Yes we've all seen this pic. trying to make out that everyone thinks everyone else is an idiot. Well I used facts and independent thinking to realize the majority of people are ignorant idiots.
Reply 5
Original post by numbers18
Yes we've all seen this pic. trying to make out that everyone thinks everyone else is an idiot. Well I used facts and independent thinking to realize the majority of people are ignorant idiots.

And I assume if you were around hundreds of years ago you'd have realised how bigoted everyone is? You have no way of knowing that.
Reply 6
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
And I assume if you were around hundreds of years ago you'd have realised how bigoted everyone is? You have no way of knowing that.

I would look at things logical and ask myself why? Why do they feel superior to these othera? Do they have any facts? 'Even if they were stronger, more intelligent, why should that mean they have to treat the others like dirt. By thinking carefully and using logic I would have came to the conclusion that the majority of society is ignorant 100 years ago. By using this same criteria I have came to the conclusion the majority of society is still ignorant today. I might have to settle for the fact that humans have a evil nature inside of them that will never go away. Humans are always going to be evil.
Okay...

what do you think about incest between siblings?
would homosexuality be inferior if it was unnatural?
are you a special snowflake?
what do you think about paedophilia?
what do you think about child molestation?
how do you feel about you funding conflict in the Republic of Congo by buying phones with coltan?
will you stop buying those phones?
They are just a product of society propaganda. Every single culture has a lot of propaganda in it. its not just as simple as everything the west says is right is right and everything the west says is wrong is wrong.

Society changes the rules every few hundred years. Can guarantee you there will be something that todays society sees as right which will be seen as wrong by future societies.

Is this your opinion or the result of some research?
Reply 9
Original post by XcitingStuart
Okay...

what do you think about incest between siblings?
would homosexuality be inferior if it was unnatural?
are you a special snowflake?
what do you think about paedophilia?
what do you think about child molestation?
how do you feel about you funding conflict in the Republic of Congo by buying phones with coltan?
will you stop buying those phones?

1) If they old enough its is nobodys place to tell them not to do it as they are not harming anyone else just like homosexuals. Just because you find something disgusting it doesn't mean you can take the moral high ground against two consenting adults. If someone dared called two consenting homosexuals disgusting they be met with 'Its none of your business' ' omg you so narrow minded' etc. However these same people calling homophobes narrow minded are the same peopel that call two consenting adults doing incest freaks, say its wrong and everything. Yet they say society 50 years ago was backwards. Unbeilievable

2) No it would not. How do you even measure inferior?

3) I am in the minority I will say that.

4) If a paedophile doesn't act on their urges then they are harming nobody. Society is once again idiots when it comes to this. They dont realise there is a difference between being a pedophile and a child molester. The majority of pedophiles don't act on their urges. You see these morons saying 'duh duh all pedophiles should be hung because I am such a morally high person who wants people killed for simply having thoughts'. Get this into you head society- a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children and not necessary a child molester or a rapist.

5) Child molestation is wrong because it destroys lives. Those that molest children need punish. They physically acted on their urges and now that child is more than likely going to have to deal with a lot of mental trauma in their live.

6) I will need to look into that more.

7) If the evidence suggests what you say if true then yes I will.
Reply 10
Original post by ODES_PDES
Is this your opinion or the result of some research?

Its the result of research.
Its the result of research.

Link please?
Reply 12
Original post by ODES_PDES
Link please?

Use your head.
Most people go through this stage at some point in their teenage years. Most of us mature, learn self criticism and self-reflection, then realise we aren't the radical free thinkers we claim to be and those around us aren't idiots.
Use your head.

Burden of proof.
Use your head.

"I have independently confirmed this by thinking about it."
Reply 16
Original post by Quantex
Most people go through this stage at some point in their teenage years. Most of us mature, learn self criticism and self-reflection, then realise we aren't the radical free thinkers we claim to be and those around us aren't idiots.

Really?

I see everyone of all ages calling others idiots for not agreeing with them. Just look at the referendum vote and look how people react to the others opinion.

There you go taking the superior high ground 'ohhh you must just be a teenager for calling society disgusting. If you were a mature adult like me you would agree with everything society says'.

Wonder if you would have said the same if you lived in 1930's germany and someone said that this society is disgusting for treating jews like they do.
Reply 17
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
"I have independently confirmed this by thinking about it."

You seriously dont think there is no propaganda in this society and everything you are told is right and its the right way to think?
Really?

I see everyone of all ages calling others idiots for not agreeing with them. Just look at the referendum vote and look how people react to the others opinion.

There you go taking the superior high ground 'ohhh you must just be a teenager for calling society disgusting. If you were a mature adult like me you would agree with everything society says'.

Wonder if you would have said the same if you lived in 1930's germany and someone said that this society is disgusting for treating jews like they do.

Leaving aside invoking Godwin's law, I will direct you to post 11, where you have offered some fairly trite and unoriginal views. You seem to be thinking on the same wavelength of those people you call idiots.

Yes. And so are you. So am I. So is everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending