The Student Room Group

Want to withdraw from my insurance (unconditional) but keep firm.

Hello, I have chosen my firm and insurance options for university this September, with my firm being where I really want to go.

However, I don't think I have achieved the grades for my firm,and I really do not want to go to my insurance choice and would instead prefer to go into clearing on results day if the worst occurs. The problem I see with this is that my insurance is an unconditional.

I know I need to ring up my insurance and ask them to take away my offer, but I've read around and people say you have to be very specific with what you say (e.g. not saying release or something). I just wanted advice on how to deal with this as I'd rather get it out the way now than have to wait a long time on results day.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Zaeliar
Hello, I have chosen my firm and insurance options for university this September, with my firm being where I really want to go.

However, I don't think I have achieved the grades for my firm,and I really do not want to go to my insurance choice and would instead prefer to go into clearing on results day if the worst occurs. The problem I see with this is that my insurance is an unconditional.

I know I need to ring up my insurance and ask them to take away my offer, but I've read around and people say you have to be very specific with what you say (e.g. not saying release or something). I just wanted advice on how to deal with this as I'd rather get it out the way now than have to wait a long time on results day.

Thank you :smile:

Just phone up the admissions and ucas and be specific that you no longer want to go there and don't use any of the words you've mentioned above.
I did this two years ago so I hope it's the same for you. I sent an email to my insurance choice saying I was sorry but I didn't want to go there anymore and within a day they replied, told UCAS on my behalf and withdrew my application to them. It was really easy :h:

Good luck! I hope you get into your firm choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending