The Student Room Group

If I failed one AS subject...

Hi everyone. I have just finished my AS exams for the year, as I do Maths, Further Maths and Politics (+ EPQ). Unfortunately, I think I may have failed Politics. I was just wondering that if I did fail it, am I automatically kicked out of 6th Form, with no chance to resit? And if so, where does one go from there? I'm extremely confident that I've got at least a C or B in the other two, so no worries about them.
Original post by l LFG l
Hi everyone. I have just finished my AS exams for the year, as I do Maths, Further Maths and Politics (+ EPQ). Unfortunately, I think I may have failed Politics. I was just wondering that if I did fail it, am I automatically kicked out of 6th Form, with no chance to resit? And if so, where does one go from there? I'm extremely confident that I've got at least a C or B in the other two, so no worries about them.

It's entirely up to your college to decide what to do. There is no universal rule. You should discuss it with the staff.
No, you won't be kicked out if you fail one exam, that would be if you failed all of your subjects

It depends why you did badly, if it was just you having a bad day, then you could probably continue at A2 but retake the AS, I know some subjects at my school are doing this, depends on your school though
Reply 3
Original post by IKEAPanda37
No, you won't be kicked out if you fail one exam, that would be if you failed all of your subjects

It depends why you did badly, if it was just you having a bad day, then you could probably continue at A2 but retake the AS, I know some subjects at my school are doing this, depends on your school though

Well, I've heard that you need to be doing at least 3 A-levels to stay in. So, if I fail Politics, then I'm only doing 2, to which apparently I'm then out of 6th Form. It's all too frightening to be honest.
Original post by IKEAPanda37

and even then they make ake him resit instead or stay at sixth form but do different subjects

Quick Reply

Latest