The Student Room Group

Old Physics A level

Hey,
I have recently finished my A2 exams, I was wondering if it would be possible to sit the Physics units for the outgoing Physics A level. By that I mean can I sit THE AS and A2 units for the old A levels including the Empas or ISAs?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by student1856
Hey,
I have recently finished my A2 exams, I was wondering if it would be possible to sit the Physics units for the outgoing Physics A level. By that I mean can I sit THE AS and A2 units for the old A levels including the Empas or ISAs?

Thanks

Yes all the units, including both the EMPAs, will be available next year. Here is the 2017 AQA timetable if you are interested in the exact dates :smile: -

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCE-JUN17.PDF
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
You can re-sit them (though it may be hard to find centres accepting entries for Units 3 or 6. If you want to start again then you have to take the new spec.
Reply 3
Can I just sit the old ones even though they're not resits. I have no problem finding a place to do the practical exams I just want to sit the old A levels instead of the new ones. Is this possible even though it's my first attempt and not a resit? Thanks very much
Original post by Compost
You can re-sit them (though it may be hard to find centres accepting entries for Units 3 or 6. If you want to start again then you have to take the new spec.
Reply 4
Can I just sit the old ones even though they're not resits. I have no problem finding a place to do the practical exams I just want to sit the old A levels instead of the new ones. Is this possible even though it's my first attempt and not a resit? Thanks very much

Oh I wasn't aware you weren't resitting. In that case then unfortunately you have to do the new A Level.
Reply 5
Is this possible even though it's my first attempt and not a resit? Thanks very much

The intention is that you can't. Whether it would prove possible or not is a slightly different question but I don't know the answer.

Quick Reply

Latest