Original post by Learning4Fun
Hi! :smile:

I'm in Year 10 and was wondering what supercurriculars there are for:

Maths and Further Maths

Physics

Computer Science

Thank you! :biggrin:

- Learning4Fun

If this is for when you do A Level, you are planning really far ahead.

Consider looking into the olympiads for Maths and Physics. There are various books for these subjects (all written at a reading age suited for 15 year olds). For computer science, I can only recommend coding projects e.g. websites, apps
Try to get work experience in (electrical?) engineering where possible; you will need to apply early - I presume this is what you are thinking of going into. If you can get a part time job in an IT workshop or somewhere like the IT warranty section of Currys (or something similar), so much the better.

If you want to go the extra mile, you can try getting specific entry level professional IT certifications (if you're not going into engineering or programming)

Don't forget to enjoy your childhood; you're only 15-17 once.
Original post by MindMax2000
If this is for when you do A Level, you are planning really far ahead.

Consider looking into the olympiads for Maths and Physics. There are various books for these subjects (all written at a reading age suited for 15 year olds). For computer science, I can only recommend coding projects e.g. websites, apps
Try to get work experience in (electrical?) engineering where possible; you will need to apply early - I presume this is what you are thinking of going into. If you can get a part time job in an IT workshop or somewhere like the IT warranty section of Currys (or something similar), so much the better.

If you want to go the extra mile, you can try getting specific entry level professional IT certifications (if you're not going into engineering or programming)

Don't forget to enjoy your childhood; you're only 15-17 once.

Thank you! :smile:

- Learning4Fun

Quick Reply

Latest