The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PugDevil
haha that sounds very similar to my own experience, although instead of a brother it was my cousin! I so nearly bought a GameCube just to play those games. I can't remember the characters very well :frown: Bowser was always fun though

Yeah the Nostalgia is real bro! Yeah same here i had to quickly google the characters to remeber their names, i just remebered playing a blue bird guy and he would play a strong guy who said "Falcon punch!" haha.
Skyrim is one of my favourites, plus Mirror's Edge.

All of the Pokemon games, Animal Crossing, Zelda, and the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney games.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is hands down my favourite MMO because the story mechanics are unbeatable. Much better than WoW IMO.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Well the 4500hours on DOW2 Retribution isn't for nothing. I'm #2 in the world atm on the leaderboards and held #1 for a good month. I only fallen due to inactivity, not to losses - not had time to play recently, been enjoying other games whenever I had free time.

I also have earnt about a grand from winning tournies in that game :biggrin:

That's sick bro! Yeah number 2 is extremely impressive considering how many people in the world have played the game.
Cannon Fodder

/thread
Reply 44
Original post by Aurora_Boreal1s
Skyrim is one of my favourites, plus Mirror's Edge.

All of the Pokemon games, Animal Crossing, Zelda, and the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney games.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is hands down my favourite MMO because the story mechanics are unbeatable. Much better than WoW IMO.

I followed that whilst it was being developed for absolutely ages, but I so wish they did KOTOR 3 instead! I hope something like that is in development by Visceral Games (I think its them?) At E3 they showed a tiny tiny bit of gameplay and it looked promising :biggrin:
Dota 2.

But nostalgia-wise, Crash Bash on the PS1
Would I be a bad human being if I said I have never played Candy Crush :colondollar:

You'd certainly have enjoyed a more full life. I'm currently on level 1244 and have wasted an awful lot of time on it.
The original Driver. Or perhaps Medieval Total War.
Oh how I wish EA/DICE could make a game like that :unimpressed:

Did you like Mass Effect 3? I know a lot of people hated the ending! I remember all the controversy :colondollar:

I thought Mass efect 3 was great but only played with the extended ending so I dont know what the fuss was about with the original ending. I liked mass effect 2s story better though and have replayed it many times. Also the suicide mission was amazing.
Reply 49
Original post by The Good Doctor
The original Driver. Or perhaps Medieval Total War.

Rome: Total War was one of my favourite games on the PC, but my young mind couldn't comprehend the complexity of it :colonhash:
Reply 50
No one said TLOU?

GOAT game.
Holy **** let's not forget MW2 ❤️❤️❤️
Reply 52
Original post by Kwame502
I thought Mass efect 3 was great but only played with the extended ending so I dont know what the fuss was about with the original ending. I liked mass effect 2s story better though and have replayed it many times. Also the suicide mission was amazing.

I think it was more people just had great expectations which were never going to be fufilled! Agreed on the suicide mission, on my first run through quite a few people may have died :colondollar:

I cannot wait for Mass Effect: Andromeda, although I wish we had some more info and gameplay
Reply 53
Original post by Alextaylor6
Holy **** let's not forget MW2 ❤️❤️❤️

"Ramirez, shoot down that helicopter!"
"Ramirez, take down that tank!"
"Ramirez, solve world poverty!!"

I'm referring to the campaign if anyone is wondering :redface: But gotta love Makarov as the villain...

Who could forget the 1 v 1, 360 no scopes on Rust :tongue: Very glitchy game (Javelin glitch in Multiplayer :u:) but that is what made it so good
League of legends
Naruto ultimate ninja storm revolution( haven't played 4 yet :frown: )
Original post by Fox Corner
yes!!! one of the best ps2 games.

This thread is making me want to sit down with my ps2 all night now :moon:

Same, I would kill for a remaster or re-release of these ps2 games
Dark Souls
Reply 57
This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 :redface: As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:

TimeSplitters! I remember spending hours on end on TS2 on a Playstation 2 many years ago. It's one of my most memorable, along with other minor PS2 titles such as Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monsters Colosseum.More recent games have to be Deus Ex: Human Revolution and GTA V. I still think I spent more time on GTA 2 than GTA V though.Runescape and AQ Worlds have to be the most played online games.I'm pretty sure I just said a load of games no one's ever heard of :biggrin:
I think it was more people just had great expectations which were never going to be fufilled! Agreed on the suicide mission, on my first run through quite a few people may have died :colondollar:

I cannot wait for Mass Effect: Andromeda, although I wish we had some more info and gameplay

My first suicide mission was a bloodbath and really damaged me because I was so attached to the characters. I had to replay the game immediately. I know what you mean about Andromeda, I have high hopes but need gameplay to get really hyped.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Rayman, Spyro Crash Bandicoot, Rumble Racers, Tekken 6 on PS1.
Pokemon Colosseum, Sonic adventure battles 2, Sonic Heroes on Gamecube.
Skyrim, Devil may cry 4, Call of duty MW2, Call of duty BO2 on Xbox 360.
Runescape PC.

RuneScape was the sh*t back in the day man! My childhood was literally RuneScape.

Quick Reply

Latest