The Student Room Group

OnExamination Medical Student 2/3 vs Medical Student Finals

Hey everyone,

I'm a 3rd year medical student and with exams coming up soon, I thought I'd give one of these online question banks a shot. I've decided to stick with OnExamination, but I'm not really sure what option to go for.

Our 3rd year was entirely clinical, so if I go for the Medical Student 2/3 option, I'm worried that there will be a lot of questions on physiology. On the other hand, Medical Student Finals questions might be too advanced (some of them are about specific treatment options and seem more complicated than the basic clinical things we're expected to know).

I've tried the sample questions, but they haven't cleared anything up.

So, I guess my question is, how much physiology is in the 2/3 questions and if anyone has been in a similar position, what did you go for in the end?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Wolfy^
Hey everyone,

I'm a 3rd year medical student and with exams coming up soon, I thought I'd give one of these online question banks a shot. I've decided to stick with OnExamination, but I'm not really sure what option to go for.

Our 3rd year was entirely clinical, so if I go for the Medical Student 2/3 option, I'm worried that there will be a lot of questions on physiology. On the other hand, Medical Student Finals questions might be too advanced (some of them are about specific treatment options and seem more complicated than the basic clinical things we're expected to know).

I've tried the sample questions, but they haven't cleared anything up.

So, I guess my question is, how much physiology is in the 2/3 questions and if anyone has been in a similar position, what did you go for in the end?

Thank you!

Hey :smile:

I've just finished (and thankfully passed!) my 3rd year exams and I personally found the finals version more useful, both on OnExamination and PassMedicine. The Year 2/3 one is good, but it just didn't quite cover enough of the content for our 3rd year. There is more management in the finals version; however our exams did contain some basic management questions so these were actually quite helpful.

Hope that is somewhat useful, and best of luck for your exams!*
A couple of years ago I got the 3rd year question bank and found that it didnt cover what I wanted so I emailed them and they changed it for. Not sure if they still do this, but worth asking them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending