The Student Room Group

Will people stay in education longer if...

Life expectancy increases? My thought process is if life expectancy increases (significantly), say from 81 (2015 Greater London) to 115 and people were as healthy as they were at 81 when they're 115 would people stay longer in education given they will have 'more time to live'?
Original post by RomNoob
Life expectancy increases? My thought process is if life expectancy increases (significantly), say from 81 (2015 Greater London) to 115 and people were as healthy as they were at 81 when they're 115 would people stay longer in education given they will have 'more time to live'?

I wouldnt believe it would as education would still have a cost associated with it.
Original post by RomNoob

If the cost can be dealt with by myself in an retirement age, I would surely think about studying carefully. Studying just for fun and because of an interest in it. Why not?

In general, I tend to say no. Firstly, as I think that most people in a higher age have not the pleasure to study just to widen their horizon and secondly, even if they have, money would surely an obstacle.
I don't think so. There are some people who just don't want to be in education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending