The Student Room Group

Im 22, but people think I'm 13

As the title says, I frequently get mistaken for being around 13 or 14 or at best 15 years old despite turning 22 last month. I look back at my old photos and since 16 my face has become less ugly but I still look like a young teenager. It's nothing to do with how I dress or style my hair and a beard doesn't really help. I'm pretty sure I act my age, but of course, what girl wants to go out with someone who looks like a young teenager!

Does anyone else look much younger than their actual age, or have any advice?

Scroll to see replies

How short are you?
Dont worry, it will all be good when you are age 30 and look 20
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says, I frequently get mistaken for being around 13 or 14 or at best 15 years old despite turning 22 last month. I look back at my old photos and since 16 my face has become less ugly but I still look like a young teenager. It's nothing to do with how I dress or style my hair and a beard doesn't really help. I'm pretty sure I act my age, but of course, what girl wants to go out with someone who looks like a young teenager!

Does anyone else look much younger than their actual age, or have any advice?

Lmao OP I have the same problem, I'm always getting told I look 16-18 when I'm 22. One guy even told me I look 12 lol.

Still, it helps a lot when picking up guys younger than you are
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
I know dat feel. Well, similar
I'm pretty sure many people can relate to that as nowadays we don't look the age that we actually are, like in your case I'm 15 yet people claim I look 19/20 ish , and because of this they claim I need to pay things such as adults tickets to get the bus or similar things.
There's not a lot of advice for this other than trying to look your age and keep your ID with you for proof x
Alsoooo my mum claims that the food we eat affects this sort of stuff, all the artificials and fast foods we eat which apparently affect us but to what extent she's correct, I don't know 😂
I remember when I was 16 I got mistaken as a 13 yr old :facepalm:Smh this is why I hate being short
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I remember when I was 16 I got mistaken as a 13 yr old :facepalm:Smh this is why I hate being short

From a distance, you look asian (I assume you are...) so that isn't particularly surprising.
I'm 18 and sometimes I get ID'd for 15 rated films at the cinema .. I still get away with getting child tickets for pretty much anything as well. I think that's mainly to do with my height though.
A lot of people would be happy to go out with someone who looks young. Yeah sure it's annoying when you're an adult and people make assumptions and give you hassle when going out or whatever, but who wants to look old lol. Embrace your youthfulness before you're 40 and crying over how you wish you looked young.
Original post by fr0sr_
From a distance, you look asian (I assume you are...) so that isn't particularly surprising.

Yeah I am
Same I'm 17 but I look 12. People give me crawp about it all the time but when I'm around 40 I'll be laughing at them.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
How short are you?

5 foot 10 so not really short :/. It's the face lol.
Original post by Anonymous
5 foot 10 so not really short :/. It's the face lol.

I'm 16 and have baby face but i look older because I'M really tall for a girl I'm 179.5cm 5ft11
Reply 14
Take it as a compliment i imagine it's better than a 13 year old getting mistaken for a 40 year old..
I have the same problem - I'm 16 (17 in 3 days) but people think I'm 12/13. The annoying thing is when I hear people discussing my age and what year I'm in whilst I'm wearing 6th Form clothes or my leavers jacket, it's pretty obvious:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: And then there was someone in my tutor group who thought I was in year 8 instead of year 12, she must be absolutely stupid because I've been there much longer than she has.....
Congratulations! People would pay good money to look young again, consider yourself blessed :h:
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Congratulations! People would pay good money to look young again, consider yourself blessed :h:

Lol my weird genes means that to not have a GF looking like a paedophile, I'm probably going to have to wait till I'm 25 at the very earliest, maybe even 30. Lol yay... :frown:
Reply 18
I don't have any advice but this thread is so relatable, same.

I'm 22 and people always assume I'm a young teenager and it's patronising asf. Just this weekend, I had my eyebrows done by a girl who at the time of me paying said to my mum "she's really sweet" (about me) and asked my age. When I told her I'm 22, she was shocked as she is 19 and said she thought I was aged 16.

Later that day, as I was buying clothes in a store, the lady assisting was chatting away to my mum and also asked my age as she was confused when my mum said that I drove there. It's terribly patronising.

When I go for a haircut, the hairdressers assume I'm young and charge me for an under 16. Ofc that helps me save money, but I just don't know what I can do at this point to look my age.

I didn't wear any makeup until 18/19 and my skin is clear most of the time, but makeup doesn't make me look that different (I'm not v good at it). My fave has changed/slimmed significantly lately, yet it hasn't changed anyone's perception.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello guys I am 22 years old but my face still looking like 14 years boy children dont give me respects my other friends have strong jaw bones and they look like adult changed happened them 18 years age but what kind of boy I am I still look younger I am don't like spent time my adult hood friends because that create stress so I need to get lost this hell

Latest

Trending

Trending