The Student Room Group

What do I need to know for Edexcel S2 & S3 ? Do I need C3? C4? FP2?

Hello, I'm a Further Maths Student

For those of you who have studies Edexcel's S2 & S3. Do I need to apply content from C3 & C4 for those 2 exams or do I just need to know C1 & C2 or just need to know GCSE's for them?

Thank You
Reply 1
For S2 you need to know a bit of S1 and know how to do differentiation and integration which is covered in C1. I can't comment on S3.
Original post by fefssdf
For S2 you need to know a bit of S1 and know how to do differentiation and integration which is covered in C1. I can't comment on S3.

Thanks Man, can anybody else comment on S3 ?
Reply 3
Original post by SalimDridi
Thanks Man, can anybody else comment on S3 ?

@SeanFM ?
S3 is almost completely on statistical tests, namely goodness of fit - chi-squared - and Spearman's rank correlation, I'd say even less core knowledge is needed for S3 than for S2, but a good handle on S1 is required because of the constant use of the normal distribution for confidence intervals and significance testing
Original post by AsianMetalhead
S3 is almost completely on statistical tests, namely goodness of fit - chi-squared - and Spearman's rank correlation, I'd say even less core knowledge is needed for S3 than for S2, but a good handle on S1 is required because of the constant use of the normal distribution for confidence intervals and significance testing

Thanks !!
Reply 6
I did S2 last year and S3 this year, S2 requires some basic differentiation/integration from C1/C2 and both of them require knowledge of S1, but that's pretty much it

Quick Reply

Latest