The Student Room Group

My GCSE Summer Bucket List

Waiting for GCSE results day! :plz2: #72daysofholiday
You only get this time once :puppyeyes: so I want to try and make the most of it!
Here to inspire and review my own progress. :rambo:
So here's my list of things I am going to do this Summer! (so far)
I'm making the links live as I do each activity!
(So at this point like everything you touch on the list is a link lol :koala:)

Key: Green = Done!
Yellow = In Progress
Red = Not started

All Summer List!
1. Make a Video for Prom ~ Gotta make those memories special!
2. Make a Music Tour Video ~ Need to practice shots for A level film!
3.Use Projector to watch RWBY ~ got to make the most of my awesome projector!
4.Murder Mystery ~ A second chance for us all to wear our Prom Dresses!
5.Crazy Golf ~ A new course has opened near me, I need to check it out!
6.Watch Finding Dory ~ FINALLY the sequel! (For Nemo Click here!)
7. Car Boot Sale ~ I have LOTS of textbooks and junk that I no longer need!
8.Wreck This Journal ~ This is so much fun to make!
9.Cycle Rides ~ Explore new areas around me
10. Learn all the Ballet Feet Positions ~ I use to love ballet <3
11. Repaint Desk ~ It's gotten a bit scruffy after all that revision!
12. Camp in Garden with friends ~ We have a big tent and trampoline so yas!
13.Do lots of Ironing ~ need to pay off music tour some how!
14. Practice Flute ~ Working toward grade 6!
15.Revise Music Theory Grade ~ Need to take Grade 5 to do Flute Grades
16.Do Interactive Town QR Scan for Pigs ~ It's for charity and looks fun!
17.~Pokemon Go~ Geocaching ~ Saw my friend running round a park hunting one so...
18. Manhunt with friends ~ Did this last year and it was brill!
19.Stationary Shopping with friends ~ Stock up for A-level
20.Go see Cambridge University ~ Getting inspired for studying
21. Organise clothes for six form - OMG no more uniform!!
22.Go to the Beach ~the family tradition that is...
23.Start AS Level Chemistry Homework ~ Getting a head start!
24. Take Swimming Teaching Level 1 ~ So I can get a paying job! (and celebrating post!!)
25. Play Okami ~ My friend completed it in 78 Hours, I say challenge accepted.

Music Tour - (I'm going to Austria)
a) Record one of the concerts ~ Otherwise my parents won't hear it!
b) Try new food ~ I have problems with this so got to face them #fearfoods
c) Go to a water park ~ I have always wanted to do this with friends!
d) Road Trip Diary! (click here for part 2!) ~ Someone has to make the most of that 20hour journey
e) Buy and Post Postcards ~ Because I always forget lol.

My Bucket List has now been Completed!!!

Anyone who has any ideas, pointers or questions, I would love to know what you think! I don't bite promise ~ fish are friends not food! x
- Lii
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LiiHyde

Waiting for GCSE results day! #72daysofholiday
You only get this time once so I want to try and make the most of it!
Here to inspire and review my own progress.

All Summer List!
3.Movie Night with Projector ~ Premiere my recent films
6.Watch Finding Dory ~ FINALLY the sequel!
14.Practise Flute ~ Working toward grade 6!
17.Pokemon Go ~ Saw my friend running round a park hunting one so...
18.Picnic and Manhunt with friends ~ Did this last year and it was brill!
21.Visit a Theme Park ~ Practically a holiday must!
24. Take Swimming Teaching Level 1 ~ So I can get a paying job!

d) Road Trip Diary! ~ Someone has to make the most of that 20hour journey

Anyone who has any ideas, pointers or questions, I would love to know what you think! I don't bite promise x
- Lii

Pokemon Go! Deffo!
Reply 2
Original post by Captain Jack
Pokemon Go! Deffo!

Ikr about to get started on that now :smile:
Reply 3

Activity Number: 1
I don't plan to post in any order so I hope this is fine *nervous smile*
Sooo I made my video for my prom and I’m quite proud of it! :smile: It got 211 views on Youtube from friends and family :colondollar:
I would publish it here but I feel like that wouldn’t be fair to people in it. You know privacy matters!
But I made it to Cheap Thrills by Sia as that was one of the songs the DJ played that night.

I didn’t use anything technical just Windows Movie Maker and it’s a good tool for simple videos.

Spoiler

Aaaaall you have to do is take your phone or camera and film as much as possible of an event or activity (or even a series of activities) and upload them to your computer. You can edit them and cut the best bits into a sequence of memories etc, speed it up, slow it down then add a track of music over the top! It’s simple to do and I know my friends and family love seeing what I get up to so it’ a bit like a private vlog. :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4

Activity Number: 8

So I don't think I posted many pictures on my last post but this one will probably have a few more photo's in it!
I've had a wreck this journal for like a year and a half and I haven't done terribly much in it (I know it's the sad truth :eek4:)
This summer I thought I would buckle down and get some of those pages filled! I've done quite a few so I'll start from the first page I did.

"Infuse this page with a smell of your choosing"
I picked up a bottle of oil that smelt of flowers a couple of years ago in a little french market selling soaps and it reminds me of France but I hardly ever use it!
I mixed it in with the blue and white paints to give the page that floral scent that takes me back to France :u:
It's like that Twenty One Pilots song -

"Sometimes a certain smell will take me back to when I was young
How come I'm never able to identify where it's coming from
I'd make a candle out of it if I ever found it
Try to sell it, never sell out of it, I'd probably only sell one "

Or as I like to call it the my GCSE Jam :adore:

That page wasn't terribly hard but the oil made the page go funny but its all good now that it has dried!

Aaaaand onto the second page..

"Rub here with dirt"
Okay I know it says DIRT but I didn't think that dirt would work terribly well and I didn't want to spoil the rest of the journal by covering two pages with what is basically worm poo.

Besides glitter is the next best thing! I traced my own hand and coloured it in with a pale fleshy colour but when I was colouring it I thought "you know what? This is possibly the worst drawing of a hand I've ever seen." And of course to make it better I decided to add lots of different colours. I don't exactly know how or why but it seemed to help a little bit. :biggrin::biggrin:

This next one I thought was kinda cute...

"Fill this page with circles"
So the other day I was drinking some diet coke with this really cute straw and blowing bubbles (as you do) and I thought that I could do something similar with this page in the journal. It was a bit messy but I enjoyed making it :h:

I used washing up liquid and pink sparkly paint :redface: I also stuck the straw in the middle of the page 'cus it's pretty cute too. :3

I think that's enough of me rambling on about my little book but I'll leave a couple more pictures below for people to take a look at for inspiration (sorry if some of them are like copies of ones that have already been made though I was inspired too haha)

This includes "Climb up high and drop the journal" (based on the Ozone layer) "Make a sudden and destructive move with the journal" "Colour the entire page" "Bring the book in the shower with you" (the start of) "Sew this page" "Poke holes in the pages" "What does your inner critic say?"

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Cool pictures!
Reply 6
Original post by Captain Jack
Cool pictures!

Reply 7
Original post by LiiHyde

Waiting for GCSE results day! :plz2: #72daysofholiday
You only get this time once :puppyeyes: so I want to try and make the most of it!
Here to inspire and review my own progress. :rambo:
I'm making the links live as I do each activity!

Key: Green = Done!
Yellow = In Progress
Red = Not started

All Summer List!
3.Movie Night with Projector ~ Premiere my recent films
6.Watch Finding Dory ~ FINALLY the sequel!
14.Practise Flute ~ Working toward grade 6!
17.Pokemon Go ~ Saw my friend running round a park hunting one so...
18.Picnic and Manhunt with friends ~ Did this last year and it was brill!
21.Visit a Theme Park ~ Practically a holiday must!
24. Take Swimming Teaching Level 1 ~ So I can get a paying job!

d) Road Trip Diary! ~ Someone has to make the most of that 20hour journey

Anyone who has any ideas, pointers or questions, I would love to know what you think! I don't bite promise x
- Lii

Just awesome............fingers cross for the results
gl hf

Tell me how you did the coloured text and stuff on your post so I can complete the final goal on my monster of a bucket list pls?
Reply 9

Activity Number: 4
Two posts in one day? - allow me to explain, I'm going away for music tour for a week and I won't be able to post out there *cry cry* so I need to get as much done ASAP before and after Thursday!

So I made My Murder Mystery a little while ago but I only just had the party! It was brilliant! I had never thought of doing anything like that before and it worked really well.I called it “Kill for the crown” it was based around a beauty pageant in which Honey Boo Boo (played by my sister) was murdered. It was a great chance for all my friends to wear their prom dresses again and to invite people who didn’t come to my prom (They either thought they were “too cool” or didn’t go to my school) sorry it's a bit pixelated :/

Spoiler

That was me trying to explain how it all worked to my friends (I lost my presentation notes :s-smilie:) which after a little while everyone understood it and were really getting into their roles, even one of my more quiet and reserved friends was evilly shouting across the tables about how they had hid the murder weapon toavoid incrimination when it was discovered in the interrogation section!

Here is a link to one of the props I made to accompany the mystery

Spoiler

I was able to make it fairly cheaply with a few trips to Poundland for a sash, a dozen plastic tiaras and a thick wad of envelopes. The most expensive bit was probably the prizes but they were just packets of sweets and a bouquet of roses. I would say it probably cost me about £10 which is nothing compared to the £50 price tag of the original one I found online!

Anyone thinking about making their own murder mystery, I would definitely recommend it. As it is much cheaper (if you know how to do it right) and you yourself will understand the plot much better!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Retired_Messiah
gl hf

Tell me how you did the coloured text and stuff on your post so I can complete the final goal on my monster of a bucket list pls?

If you edit one of your posts (or make another post) then press the *advanced* button in the top right hand corner and click on the little paint palette next to the font size button - that should help you :h: (hope you like my mini rainbow) I'll have to take a look at yours then!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Jason2015
Just awesome............fingers cross for the results

Thanks! Have You got results too? If so good luck! :crossedf:
Original post by LiiHyde
If you edit one of your posts (or make another post) then press the *advanced* button in the top right hand corner and click on the little paint palette next to the font size button - that should help you :h: (hope you like my mini rainbow) I'll have to take a look at yours then!

Absolute legend one goal complete for me

you're an amazing individual follow ur dreams
Reply 13
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Absolute legend one goal complete for me

you're an amazing individual follow ur dreams

you too :smile:
Reply 14
Sounds good, try to fit in time to start your AS levels early. Believe me, sat here at the end of year 12 absolutely regretting it, those who succeed at a level always start early and usually finish all the content early. So if you want to be fun and efficient, learn your new subjects before you go into a levels. Just another tip, in september try to do the lesson at home before you go in so you use school as revision rather than learning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by TS21
Sounds good, try to fit in time to start your AS levels early. Believe me, sat here at the end of year 12 absolutely regretting it, those who succeed at a level always start early and usually finish all the content early. So if you want to be fun and efficient, learn your new subjects before you go into a levels. Just another tip, in september try to do the lesson at home before you go in so you use school as revision rather than learning

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've started ordering my textbooks now and have started my chemistry homework (which isn't actually going to be set until the start of term) so I'll take that advice to learn each lesson beforehand, thanks! :h:
Reply 16

Activity Number: 17 So I wasn't able to get Pokemon Go to work *cry cry* but I refused to give up there, so I decided going geocaching instead! Honestly though, I could argue that geocaching is actually better as it isn't essential to have 3G (however it does make it a hell of a lot easier) and you get physical rewards for finding the items! Take a look at some of the little gems I picked up doing it today!

Spoiler

So I tried to post this earlier actually and the website went out or something and it wouldn't let me post it and I ended up losing the whole thing *sobs profusely* which may have slightly dampened my motivation to write about each individual geocache box I found but I shall try my best to retell my wonderful tale...

Box 1.
This was a log box that me and my friends found and it took us aaaaaaages to find, we had actually almost given up until my friend suddenly pulled it out this pee test bottle out of a tree! Incidentally the name of the geocache was called "To pee or not to pee"

Spoiler

Box 2:
I think it was called roast dinner but I can't think of any punny reason why it was called that. -__- again we were at the verge of giving up when suddenly (whilst digging quite pathetically at the base of a fallen tree) my stick snagged on the drawstring of the geocache bag and trust me. NO ONE would of found that bag if they hadn't started digging. I wasn't even expecting to find that bag there!

Spoiler

Box Number 3:

This one took us the least time to find as we quickly spotted a bird box in the tree, it seemed a bit off as the entrance to it had been sealed off by a bit of plastic...

Spoiler

Box 4:
This one was slightly harder than the bird box as we found ourselves going the wrong way and had to walk a quite a way to get to the other side of the board walk path in the forest we had been hunting in and we required the assistance of the great google search to work out the hint the app gave us - which told us that the Drifters Song was "under the board walk" (bit of a funny name to give a song if you ask me) and we found the box lodged under the bridge we had been standing on!

Spoiler

The day was really good fun but now I am super tired. Also I am going to Austria tomorrow so I basically won't be posting for a week but I will try to fit in a couple of posts in the morning tomorrow of bits and bobs I have done already and I will post all my Austrian Bucket List items after I get back! Hope you have a lovely week people!

-Lii :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17

Activity Number: 23
Despite this lovely long holiday I still had to go back to school for a chemistry bridging day! :colonhash:
It was really useful though but a lot of it was just securing things we learnt at GCSE.
The teachers told us that when term starts each subject will give us a piece of homework which we will have 3 weeks to complete and they gave us this booklet with the chemistry homework we would be getting :colone: so now I can get a head start on that before I return for year 12 yaaaay!

Spoiler

It was all fairly easy until I got to question 15 (there are 20 questions and the next ones are extension questions but I want to understand this one first! :work:
To be fair I'm not entirely sure I understood it at GCSE but I might have done and I can't quite remember :zomg:
If anyone can help me out though I would appreciate that as after I get back from Austria I am going to have to ask the teacher:stupido: *edit* I have since worked out by myself how to do it :u:

Also I got these really cute Gelly Roll pens for 25p each and I am soooo happy :proud:
please, bask in the glorious pens I have found :lovedup:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18

Austria
I have had to spend most of last night and this morning packing. (Geocaching all day yesterday prevented me from packing during the day lol)
I am super excited as I have never done a music tour before, and I'm always really jealous when I see the pictures people take from them! So I absolutely HAD to go!

I almost wasn't able to as I ended up getting really ill from exam stress, but in the last couple of weeks I have felt much better and absolutely know that I can do it!

Apparently the bus journey over there is 20+ hours so after messaging my friend who said that last time the bus was really cOld I had to run over to the shops to buy myself a light yet snuggly blanket to sleep under #lastminutepreparationmuch. I think I have packed everything and more! As you can sort of see from my post banner :ditto: I even went to the trouble of highlighting items based on their importance XD I almost forgot shoes for the music concerts as well! Luckily my list saved me though *phew*
Loving the layout of your thread, your bucket list looks like a good combination of fun & challenging!

All the best & have a fab summer :h:

Quick Reply

Latest