The Student Room Group

New terror attack france many dead

Scroll to see replies

Are people still being killed as we speak? Also, is everyone in the truck dead, or just the driver?
If I were in that situation then I would simply run for my life...
And then after that you get the people saying oh well no one cared about the attack in Somewhereistan.
But I totally agree with you
Original post by NickLCFC
Blaming trucks is just as ridiculous as blaming Islam. This was either an accident or was carried out by a deeply disturbed individual.

Remember when that white guy crashed that plane one time? Are all white people terrorists? Are we going to blame the religion of white people?

This was not an accident. You're ill-informed to suggest it.
Original post by tanyapotter
Are people still being killed as we speak? Also, is everyone in the truck dead, or just the driver?

Accomplice is on the run and driver dead
Remember when that white guy crashed that plane one time? Are all white people terrorists? Are we going to blame the religion of white people?

Lol Nick, go to bed mate.

As far as we're aware… no. Reports saying that one person from truck killed and a passenger escaped.
Original post by political
This was not an accident. You're ill-informed to suggest it.

Perhaps the driver passed out at the wheel? It's irrelevant. The point I'm trying to make is that this has nothing to do with Islam.

I think we should forget about the motive and just think about the victims.
Original post by abcde3237
have you heard of the 'bystander effect' oh righteous one?

not that I'm excusing it but i highly doubt that most people who rant and rave about people not helping would be the ones o help out in a situation where you dont know a)wtf id going on and b) if something will happen in that spot again. it's a highly intense situation, literally life and death feelings, human nature in these situations is not to willingly put oneself in the way of harm

so they're perfectly capable of filming them, but not helping them? they were literally pointing their cameras at their faces. they were laid in the middle of the ground, with the nearest person about 10 metres away. if they were running away, i'd understand what you're saying, but they are not. instead they feel the need to go up to dead/severely injured people and film them.

what more harm would you put yourself under asking someone if they are ok, if you are already standing in front of them????
Blaming trucks is just as ridiculous as blaming Islam. This was either an accident or was carried out by a deeply disturbed individual.

I doubt this was a accident.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
Accomplice is on the run and driver dead

Accomplice arrested in a restaurant. Reports that accomplice took hostages in said restaurant are false. SKY NEWS
Original post by abcde3237
have you heard of the 'bystander effect' oh righteous one?

not that I'm excusing it but i highly doubt that most people who rant and rave about people not helping would be the ones o help out in a situation where you dont know a)wtf id going on and b) if something will happen in that spot again. it's a highly intense situation, literally life and death feelings, human nature in these situations is not to willingly put oneself in the way of harm

You're right that nobody knows how they would react in this sort of situation, but I would like to hope most people would just go over and provide comfort if anything, not stick a nasty iPhone in their face as they died. This is all terrifyingly close to that Black Mirror episode.
oh my what has the world come to. 60 innocent lives killed. :sad:

Rest in peace to all those who lost their lives

I don't think people are actively being killed at the moment but there will probably still be people dying of injuries :frown: regarding the truck, i think they have shot dead the driver but an accomplice is still on the run
I think we should forget about the motive and just think about the victims.

Terrible idea. How are we suppose to get to the bottom of the attack and prevent it from happening again if we just ignore the motive?
Original post by political
Accomplice arrested in a restaurant. Reports that accomplice took hostages in said restaurant are false. SKY NEWS

Ah good news
why is the world so cruel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AntiMonarchist
You're right that nobody knows how they would react in this sort of situation, but I would like to hope most people would just go over and provide comfort if anything, not stick a nasty iPhone in their face as they died. This is all terrifyingly close to that Black Mirror episode.

Ah yeh I know the episode you're talking about ; I can see people whipping out their phone a natural response in such scenarios :/

m8 i thought you were joking, being facetios by saying it had nothing to do with islam

you ACTUALLY believe it has nothing to do with islam, i pity you i really do

oh well i guess natural selection will take care of those who are so adamant on abnegation for people who want them dead
Infuriating and deeply upsetting. :frown:

What is this world coming to? :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending