The Student Room Group

New terror attack france many dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
It's also those who support or deny this is an issue

they are just as dangerous.

But the root issue is Islam denying this is part of the problem

Support or deny what exactly? I don't really get what you're saying it's vague.
Millions of people die everywhere in the world due to terrorism, it's sad when people only care when it happens in big countries like France. You guys should wake the f up
I'm waiting for the usual guardian articles

102 unarmed black people killed in 2015 by police = mass protest.
152 unarmed French people killed in 2015 by Muslims = #NotAllMuslims
Original post by Craig1998
And any human can be susceptible to a trigger, just like the Dallas murders where the police violence against black people was the trigger. Still don't get why we have to focus on all muslims with these triggers when a few, 0.0125% as an approximation, go on to commit these terrible acts.

Imho it's because the majority of Muslims refuse to condemn the atrocities committed in the name of their shared god. Instead they are real quick to say that terrorists "aren't real Muslims" (ironically exactly what terrorists say about them), and moan that islamaphobia will be on the rise.

Another point of note is that yes, people blame migrants for terror yet more and more we are seeing 'homegrown' terrorists that learn this ideology in their local mosque and supplement it with online ideology. It's a scary thought, that a book is so dangerous that even Western educated, civilised people can read it and commit such acts in its name.
Reply 404
They can change their interpretation, but whether they are evil enough to have the desire to is another matter.

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” Steven Weinberg
I hope the french politicians have changed their facebook avatars and hashtags in time
Reply 406
Original post by tazarooni89
What does "Allahu Akbar" mean?
I was under the impression that all Muslims say this as a matter of course, terrorist or not.*
Indeed. Essentially, It connects the action or moment to their belief in Allah's greatness.

Therefore, shouting "Allahu akbar" whilst deliberately killing people clearly connects that action to Islam.
Police say all of the guns found in the back of the truck were fake, unclear if the grenades were too.

He did still have a real pistol on his person, however.
Reply 408
and as we know anything can be a trigger and this is the problem as it results in us living on fear of causing offence should someone find allah and get stabby or now we see then same as we see the palestinians doing to the Israeli's using vehicles to cause mass slaughter.
Indeed. According to some, simply pointing out that Islam contains some unacceptable ideas is enough to radicalise Muslims.
Original post by political
BBC said there were videos that they could not show. Anyone got them?

why would you want to see the misery of carnage ? **
You go back to 1950s/1960s there was none of this terrorist nonsense in the western world. Islam keeps exporting its problems wherever the hell it goes.
Reply 411
So then can you spell it out clearly and unambiguously to me, what kind of violence is terrorism and what kind of violence is not terrorism?*
Terrorism is illegal violence carried out to promote a particular agenda or ideology.
Reply 412
Original post by Kwame502
Out of curiousity, were you trying to be funny?

I hope not

Spelling fail lol
Original post by Josb
The suspect is of "Tunisian origin". There were guns and explosives in the truck. Probably another Buddhist. :mad:

or one of those Tunisian Rastamen we hear so much about . *
Reply 414
I've answered your question.

I agree that the person was Muslim. But since you've said that Muslims can commit both terrorist and non-terrorist attacks, I'm waiting to hear the explanation as to why this has been classified as a terrorist attack.

(i.e. what is the political agenda behind it?)*
Is a violent attack carried out by a Muslim under the impression (no matter how misguided) that they are somehow furthering a particular interpretation of Islam, "terrorism"?
Support or deny what exactly? I don't really get what you're saying it's vague.

The aims of Islam, those who say they support sharia in 'Muslim lands' for example

those who say 'this isn't part of Islam' etc....

Just as dangerous as those slaughtering children watching fireworks
Reply 416
Original post by oShahpo
Isn't time Muslims realise the bad influence their religion can have? Regardless of its goodness or badness, I think it's time for Muslims in the West to start a new sect or whatever that has non-Violence as its main creed, maybe then we'll be able to better filter the retarded murderers.
The only way to achieve this is to remove from the Quran all passages that can be interpreted as encouraging violence against those who refuse to submit to Islam. And accept that Muhammad was not the perfect role model and that he said and did some unacceptable things.

However, no Muslim is going to agree to this, so the "misinterpretations" will continue.
Reply 417
Attacker identified as Mohammed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, a local with Tunisian origin. He was not previously linked to any terrorist groups
Original post by queen-bee
This just keeps bringing back the memories of the multiple terror related attacks in France :frown:

I feel sorry for them, they've been really unlucky.
Original post by QE2
The only way to achieve this is to remove from the Quran all passages that can be interpreted as encouraging violence against those who refuse to submit to Islam. And accept that Muhammad was not the perfect role model and that he said and did some unacceptable things.

However, no Muslim is going to agree to this, so the "misinterpretations" will continue.

Preach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending