The Student Room Group

Should we deport Muslims who believe in Sharia?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAdviser
Islam teaches to live by the rules of the country you live in.

Except where it contradicts sharia

This is an old lie that has been dismissed before
Original post by BaconandSauce
Except where it contradicts sharia

This is an old lie that has been dismissed before

Some Muslims are under the impression that it is permissible to violate the laws of countries that are not an Islamic state (al-Khilafa), which is totally incorrect. Muslims must adhere to the laws of any country they live in, whether in the west or the east, as long as the law is not in contradiction with one’s religion.Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “It is necessary upon a Muslim to listen to and obey the ruler, as long as one is not ordered to carry out a sin. If he is commanded to commit a sin, then there is no adherence and obedience.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 2796 & Sunan Tirmidhi)
Some Muslims are under the impression that it is permissible to violate the laws of countries that are not an Islamic state (al-Khilafa), which is totally incorrect. Muslims must adhere to the laws of any country they live in, whether in the west or the east, as long as the law is not in contradiction with one’s religion.Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “It is necessary upon a Muslim to listen to and obey the ruler, as long as one is not ordered to carry out a sin. If he is commanded to commit a sin, then there is no adherence and obedience.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 2796 & Sunan Tirmidhi)

'
Muslims must adhere to the laws of any country they live in, whether in the west or the east, as long as the law is not in contradiction with one’s religion '

as I said as long as it doesn't contradict sharia

this is always the bit apologists leave off.
'
Muslims must adhere to the laws of any country they live in, whether in the west or the east, as long as the law is not in contradiction with one’s religion '

as I said as long as it doesn't contradict sharia

this is always the bit apologists leave off.

Islam Shariah Law
Islam = 5 Pillars of Islam
Islam Shariah Law
Islam = 5 Pillars of Islam

and?
and?

Do I have to spell it out to you? Islam is a religion. You have to follow a country's laws even if it goes against shariah. This is not the case if it goes against the religion (Islam).
Do I have to spell it out to you? Islam is a religion. You have to follow a country's laws even if it goes against shariah. This is not the case if it goes against the religion (Islam).

You need to speak to a Imam as I've been told different

You seem to think this is my first time I've conversed with a Muslim over this matter

But post this in the ISOC and I'll watch the responses
Original post by Dez
But these things are all condoned by the Bible as well. Why is Sharia so special? If you're going to deport people for thought crimes why are you deliberately excluding a group of fundamentalists just because their rule book has a different title on the cover?

Christianity has largely reformed;
I don't think Christians consider the Bible the literal word of God, unlike Muslims with the Qur'an;
Allows for more cherry-picking;
Christians listen to the New Testament;

I'm no expert (or haven't really even debated this) but this is what I've heard.
Yes we should.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Yes we should.

What if they're British though? As in White British? I don't disagree with your point but I was wondering how this would work.
Reply 70
Original post by cashcash871
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/14/12196482/newt-gingrich-muslims-sharia

Surely people who are disloyal to their country should lose citizenship and be deported? I don't see what's wrong with us deporting people who go against our society's principles and values. Of course, it will be very hard to apply this in real life but I don't see what's wrong with the principle of this.

It would be more efficient to prevent Saudi Arabia from sending imams and funding for mosques in the West.
Original post by Trapz99
What if they're British though? As in White British? I don't disagree with your point but I was wondering how this would work.

I wasn't being serious to be honest. It shouldn't get any recognition though, and it should never be allowed to have any standing or authority alongside or instead of British law and justice.
I wasn't being serious to be honest. It shouldn't get any recognition though, and it should never be allowed to have any standing or authority alongside or instead of British law and justice.

Yeah I agree. Although we would be better off without their religion, removing Muslims or any group of people out of a country is never going to happen.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 73
Come at me bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah I agree. Although we would be better off without their religion, removing Muslims or any group of people out of a country is never going to happen.

I obviously don't agree with deportation. I agree that we would be better off without their religion.
I obviously don't agree with deportation. I agree that we would be better off without their religion.

Ok good. I was thinking that you were completely heartless for a moment. I do believe that we should deport convicted terrorists who aren't British citizens though.
No, I like it here in the UK.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Yeah, i don't care if they were born into it, that's apologetic nonsense to again obscure that actual practicing Muslims are preaching the death and subjugation of non-believers.

You want to talk about nominal Muslims that don't believe in killing others, but propagate something akin to 'Mein Kanmp' as a world view, as people born in a bad situation.

I don't care if they don't fully grasp the destructive and intolerant beliefs of which they were born in to, I don't care if they mean well, I don't care that many Muslims don't commit violent acts in the name of their religion.

What I do care about are the consequences and subsequent body count their beliefs create, they create the terrorists with their indifference and willful ignorance of the consequences of their beliefs.

And you help with this bullcr@p, by obscuring the actual problem of Islam and trying to absolve those that precipitate it. Ignorance is not the same as innocence.

Well I do understand your point of view, and I do sympathise with it. However, I still believe that there are Muslim people who are essentially good. My mother, who passed away last year, was the nicest, most loving and respecting person I have ever met in my life, and she died as a Muslim. She didn't believe in acting upon the regressive bits in the Quran as she believed that they did not belong to our time and place. I can't help but believe that there are Muslims like her, who pray 5 times a day and fast during ramadan, but still believe that religion is not something to be taken literally.
I do, as I said, understand your point, and I would expect Western Muslims to do as I did, read their scripture and analyse it to see whether or not Islam supports those acts of violence. Anyone who doesn't come to the correct conclusion is either willingly blind or just incapable of comprehension.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending