The Student Room Group

Regressive left tries to twist Munich narrative to suit their agenda

Scroll to see replies

Looks like the attacker was someone who was bullied during childhood, and was obsessed with mass-shootings. In other words, nothing to do with neo-nazism or Islam. Even if was a Persian Muslim, so what? Muslim attacker Islamist attacker, unless of course the attacker specifically implied he's doing it for Islam.
Original post by DanGG
How in the world can you believe the news so naively... People behind the BBC, Sky, etc have their own agenda to carry out, their own propaganda to carry out.

In this case, they're merely trying to avoid calling anyone a Islamic terrorist because they're afraid of being called racist. Only until recently, for example, did Hillary Clinton call a terrorist act Islamic radicalism... The same for Obama, etc and of course, the media, some of which are yet to call terrorism by its true name.

And I assume you've some compelling evidence of his association with Islamic terror groups, would you mind sharing that... thanks.
Original post by the bear
Just because the chap was from Persia does not mean he was Islamic....

"Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians" are all minority religions in that country.*

Indeed, much more likely he was a right wing, islamophobe.
Original post by the bear
Just because the chap was from Persia does not mean he was Islamic....

"Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians" are all minority religions in that country.*

Indeed, much more likely he was a right wing, islamophobe.
Original post by Lacesso
As soon as reports that the shooter might be white started circulating, you could hear these idiots smacking their lips.

rNgNvVz.png

Original post by Crassy
God what obvious propaganda/psyops. He was Iranian, his name was Ali, yet the media will STILL try and spin it that he was a "white supremacist".

There is literally no sources for any "link" between him and Breivik, their only "point" is that it happened on the same day, and they spend most of the article talking about Breivik and his victims for no reason.

How anyone can look at garbage journalism like this and claim there's a media bias against Muslims is DELUSIONAL.

I know, it's pathetic. And that clown even went and made a thread about it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4224024
Reply 85
Original post by KimKallstrom
rNgNvVz.png

When people on Twitter shared that the shooter was a white nationalist called Sam Hyde it exploded on Twitter people were so desperate they didn't even google search the name.
Reply 86
Original post by The Epicurean
The majority of Muslims in Iran are Shia. I can't personally remember the last Shia terrorist attack in the West. According to wikipedia, only some 4 to 8% are Sunni. I suspect the individual is more likely to be Sunni, though I could be wrong.

Iran and Hezbollah carried a series of terror attacks in France in 1985 and 1986.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/01/30/world/trial-of-accused-mastermind-in-bombings-begins-in-paris.html
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouad_Ali_Saleh
Original post by Fullofsurprises
There's no evidence of IS affiliation, unless you have information that the German police and security services don't?

How else would a 18 year old Iranian (who the media is desperately painting as a socially isolated shut in with no friends) gain access to a glock-17 and 300 rounds of ammunition? How would he network arrangements to buy such firepower as a social recluse?

The most obvious explanation is he was radicalized and armed, I don't think the German media/police is showing the whole situation. Especially with regards to the murder weapon and how it was sourced.

Semi-automatic firearms don't just fall from trees in the EU, Brevik himself found it impossible buying a semi-automatic rifle on the black market in his manifesto on a trip to buy weapons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by swanderfeild
And I assume you've some compelling evidence of his association with Islamic terror groups, would you mind sharing that... thanks.

That wasn't my point. My point wasn't about this particular case, rather about the news and politicians on terrorism in general.

However... there isn't any evidence leading that he ISN'T associated with ISIS.

My own opinion on this is that he was influenced by the organisation rather being directly associated with it. Think about it - if ISIS didn't exist, there would be no massacres like the recent ones (Nice for example) and so this unstable person would not be influenced by it. And the fact that he is Iranian born.... well.
So it turns out the shooter had absolutely no links to Isis and was not motivated by Islam
Ah well, why let that stop the far right on here blaming Islam/the left/multiculturalism.
Original post by KimKallstrom
rNgNvVz.png

Lol, as if you and several others weren't hoping it was a Muslim.

I do wish you'd hold the same standards for both the far right and far left.
Original post by KingBradly
Kinda disgraceful how the regressive left leaped on some scraps of misinformation to make it appear that the shooter was a far-right nationalist.

Europe is in the midst of a radical Islam motivated onslaught, and the regressive left are clearly desperate to deflect attention away from it because it doesn't suit their irrelevant agenda, which is pretty unpleasant when you think about it. They're trying to divert attention away from a problem among an immigrant demographic which is killing hundreds and causing huge amounts of terror, to a reactionary problem with European culture/society which currently poses very little danger. It's sort of like a parent ignoring their child's cancer and focusing their attention on the fact that they sometimes get very unpleasant and destructive because of the hysteria the cancer causes. It was fairly obvious that it was never a far right attack. The Breivik attack was targeted at a particular group he was ideologically opposed to. The Joe Cox killing was perpertrated by someone who was ideologically opposed to her. It is Islamic terrorists who kill indiscriminately, so it was fairly obvious who the perp was from the start.

There is ZERO evidence that the shooter was connected to Isis or motivated by religion.
As FoS says, if you have some information that the German police don't. Please do share.
Reply 92
Original post by Bornblue
There is ZERO evidence that the shooter was connected to Isis or motivated by religion.
As FoS says, if you have some information that the German police don't. Please do share.

The German police don't exactly have a great record of telling the truth recently.
Original post by joecphillips
The German police don't exactly have a great record of telling the truth recently.

Do you have evidence that this guy was affiliated to ISIS? Please do share.*

He was a Sh'ite, ISIS are Sunni, and they are murdering Shi'ites all over the middle east.

So why would he support them? Can you explain that?

What we do have is evidence that he screamed "Allahu Akbar" and murdered Sunnis.
Reply 95

Please share where I said he definitely has? I'm just saying don't decide just because someone tells you something that it has to be true especially when the person who is telling you these things have lied about similar things in the past.
Original post by joecphillips
Please share where I said he definitely has? I'm just saying don't decide just because someone tells you something that it has to be true especially when the person who is telling you these things have lied about similar things in the past.

'The person' hasn't given it's a completely different police force.
Reply 97
Original post by Charzhino
Why is everyone still insisting this is linked with Islam if the reports in the news are adamant its not ISIS related?*
"ISIS do not represent Islam", as we are repeatedly told. Therefore, "No link to ISIS" does not mean "No link to Islam".

In this case, it looks like the only link to Islam is the possible sectarian bullying of a Shia kid by Sunni school mates (according to the Independent) which would refute any accusations of Islamist terrorism.
Reply 98
Lol, as if you and several others weren't hoping it was a Muslim.

I do wish you'd hold the same standards for both the far right and far left.
There's a difference between "hoping" and "assuming".

With the recent history of such events in Europe, it is not unreasonable to assume the nature of the attack (although it is always best to wait for the actual facts to emerge).

However, there is almost certainly a small minority on both left and right who do "hope" that such events can add grist to their mill. And they should be ashamed of themselves.
Original post by Trapz99
Completely agree. I can't believe how much some people are covering up the fact that the attacker was of Iransin descent and shouted Allahu Akbar. I'm pretty sure this was Islamic terrorism.

I completely take this back. The attack was a lone wolf, not connected to Islamic terrorism. It appears I was wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending