The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dnkz7
Aren't we technically in year 13, seeing as last year has already finished?

ANYWAY...

Have people visited the uni's they would like to go to yet?
How are your personal statements getting along?
What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)

I haven't been to a single university in my life! I already know which university i want to go to.
I will start my personal statement next week maybe.
I'm doing maths, further maths , economics and physics.
I'll hopefully study maths and/with economics. Applying to LSE (not sure if I'll get in), UCL, Bristol and two others.
Original post by jamestg
I'll sort out a nice OP when I go on my laptop.

Thought it would be a good idea to do it now seeing as we've started A2 and will be doing various Y13 stuff over the summer!

I'll change the thread to "The Current Year 13..." after results day :biggrin:

In the meantime - good luck with results day!

Good luck to you as well!
Original post by Dnkz7

ANYWAY...

What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)

So I've visited Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, UCL (one building so not properly), KCL.
First draft of personal statement is done, though it still needs a lot of work!
Currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Economics, History.
Hope to study Economics at the best place I can get into haha (hopefully Cambridge)

What's everyone else thinking about? :smile:
I haven't visited any potential universities yet, however i will in September for their open days.
I haven't started my personal statement yet, however have done all of my UCAS application apart from that.
A2 choices and universities:

Spoiler

Original post by Dnkz7

ANYWAY...

I was planning on visiting Bristol but I broke my leg so I couldn't...hopefully in September, along with Southampton.

I haven't started writing mine yet but that's my goal for the summer, to have a decent draft, because knowing my school they'll just piss about and f*** it up for me.

I'm studying Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Economics. I can't wait to drop chemistry (hopefully), and even though I got forced into Economics, I love it.

Uni wise, my heart is set on Southampton (pre-visit) and then Bristol. People say I need more than two universities so I've looked briefly at Bath and Birmingham, but all three other than Southampton want A*AA but Southampton only wants AAA, which weirds me out a bit, but hey ho.
I'm hoping that means I can get an offer and get the grades for Southampton with ease. (Or at least, more ease than the others.)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm planning to study Physics at uni :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dnkz7

ANYWAY...

1. Yeah, all in all i've been to 9! I started looking during September/October of 2015, start of year 12
2. Haven't even started! I have ideas of what i'll write about, however
3. Currently studying english lit, sociology, history, and i did AS Biology but i'm dropping it.
I want to study English Lit + creative writing at Warwick (first choice) or Birmingham (second choice) and just plain English Lit for my other choices - Warwick again, Birmingham again, and probably Glasgow!
I can't believe this, I feel too young to be starting year 13 ):
I've visited Birmingham and East Anglia, and still need to visit Cardiff, Nottingham, Newcastle, Leicester and Swansea

I haven't started........

What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)?
Currently studying French, Geography, Travel and Tourism and Economics
Dropping either Geography or Economics

Hoping to study Translation or Translation and Interpreting (UEA, Newcastle and Swansea) in French and Spanish
(edited 7 years ago)
1. Starts to go to some but I've not seen the majority of the ones I want to go to, I'm going in September/October time
2. I made a start but it is so awful and so hard, I'm going to be writing mine over summer
3. I'm doing biology, psychology and health and social care and an epq. I'm hoping to study psychology at either uni of Birmingham, uni of Exeter, uni of bath, Bristol or Coventry
Reply 29
Original post by Dnkz7

ANYWAY...

1) Visited Cardiff and Swansea, hoping to visit Brunel and Bristol soon...I'm literally in love with Cardiff uni:colondollar:
2) Honestly not really thought about drafting my personal statement yet, been sooo busy, but I've bullet pointed it all ready!
3) Currently studying English, Religious Studies, Art and French...I'll have to decide whether to drop art or french on results:s-smilie: And I hope to study either journalism or english literature at:
Cardiff
Brunel
Bristol
Swansea
or
Leicester
:smile:
Reply 30
How is everyone's summers going?
Original post by jamestg

Mines going alright. Trying to think positive about results day. Can't believe it's almost in 10 days now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
is anyone revising AS work ?
any tips on how to start a personal statement? kinda stuck here :frown:
what if your not firm on what course you want to do yet as it depends on results
I'm worried af for results day. I already got my mock exam results for two a levels and I'm about to get my maths and FM next week and don't know how that's going to turn out
How have you started revising what's your everyday plan :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
yo guys readyy for anothwr year !!! gotta make this year count :biggrin: only visited 1 of the universities i want to go wondering if I should visit the rest meh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dnkz7

ANYWAY...

Yep, Visited UCL, Surrey, Kings, Queen Marys,
Still go to visit Bath and Imperial

HARD!! I sound so boring which is true, my life isn't exciting...:biggrin::s-smilie:

What subjects are you currently studying?
Biology, Psychology, Sociology, Chemistry and English Lit and Lang

what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)?
UCL, Surrey, Imperial, Bath and Queen Marys' (Didn't like it but needed a fifth one)

What about yooouuuuuz?
In my heart of hearts, I think Lincoln is going to be one of my choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg

Better, now my leg has mostly healed and I can go outside. How's yours?

Quick Reply

Latest