The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

I missed my grades

Hi everybody!
I had a conditioned offer for a social sciences foundation year and the entry requirements were to get 71 in my final exams (I'm an international student) and 6.5 in the IELTS test. I overcame the IELTS, since I got 7.5, but I got 70 in the exam. I have sent an email to ug.enquiries.. explaining my situation and I am waiting for a response. Do you think there's a good chance that I get in anyway? And do you think it is better to phone them?
Thanks!
Reply 1
im pretty sure they'll take you in - maybe you'll have to wait until the a level students get their results in but i wouldnt sweat it too much. you did good - nearly met their req so you're good.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by u97
im pretty sure they'll take you in - maybe you'll have to wait until the a level students get their results in but i wouldnt sweat it too much. you did good - nearly met their req so you're good.

Thank you very much for your support! You are right, infact they made me an unconditional offer! 🎉🎉🎉
Even if I received their response by UCAS, they have not sent me any email yet....can I stay calm? I mean, can I consider myself a Sussex student officially?
Thank you!
Yes, you will definitely get the place :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by WildSwan
Thank you very much for your support! You are right, infact they made me an unconditional offer! 🎉🎉🎉
Even if I received their response by UCAS, they have not sent me any email yet....can I stay calm? I mean, can I consider myself a Sussex student officially?
Thank you!

of course, see? told you not to worry about it. im glad you got in! :biggrin:stay calm, it'll all work out fine. enjoy yourselff!!
Reply 5
Thanks you both! I have also received an email from the housing, so I am pretty positive I got in!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending