The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan!

Hello! im desperate for help!
Basically i have lives in England all my life up until 2013 when i moved to Aberystwyth for my undergraduate course which ended in June this year. I have applied to do a masters at Chester starting in September. I currently still live in Aberystwyth as my tenancy doesn't end till December. Because im living in Wales would that mean i wont be eligible for the postgraduate loan now despite only moving here for the purpose of education? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I have rang student finance England and they basically told me to apply and wait and find out and then hung up?!
Original post by loobyl1
Hello! im desperate for help!
Basically i have lives in England all my life up until 2013 when i moved to Aberystwyth for my undergraduate course which ended in June this year. I have applied to do a masters at Chester starting in September. I currently still live in Aberystwyth as my tenancy doesn't end till December. Because im living in Wales would that mean i wont be eligible for the postgraduate loan now despite only moving here for the purpose of education? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I have rang student finance England and they basically told me to apply and wait and find out and then hung up?!

you need to live in England to get it.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
you need to live in England to get it.

So it doesn't matter that I've lived in England all my life and only moved here for education? I'm only still here cause my tenancy doesn't end till December?
Original post by loobyl1
So it doesn't matter that I've lived in England all my life and only moved here for education? I'm only still here cause my tenancy doesn't end till December?

I m an english resident in sfe's eyes and i lived in wales for 18 years before that. I m afraid that's their logic really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending