The Student Room Group

pharmacy

Can you do pharmacy at uni with bad GCSEs but good a levels
Original post by Sabby786
Can you do pharmacy at uni with bad GCSEs but good a levels

GCSE's: You will need above a C in english and above a B in maths at most universities, you'll also need at least 5 A to C's (more is better though). You don't need to have straight A's to do pharmacy but it will certainly help if you want to get into a good university.

A-levels: Make sure you do well in your A levels though, most unis ask for AAB or ABB some even ask for AAA.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jaffacakes101
GCSE's: You will need above a C in english and above a B in maths at most universities, you'll also need at least 5 A to C's (more is better though). You don't need to have straight A's to do pharmacy but it will certainly help if you want to get into a good university.

A-levels: Make sure you do well in your A levels though, most unis ask for AAB or ABB some even ask for AAA.

Thanks. I have about 11 GCSEs and I am aiming to get AAC at a level
The C will be for a level biology but i cant get my head around it.
Original post by Sabby786
Thanks. I have about 11 GCSEs and I am aiming to get AAC at a level
The C will be for a level biology but i cant get my head around it.

AAC are good grades to get into pharmacy school with. I think most Universities want the A to be in chemistry and want something like AAB-ABB so I would say you have a very good chance. If you also don't get the grades or the place for the desired uni, there are always spaces available for pharmacy schools on extra/clearing so if you keep your options open and prepare yourself well, I am sure you can find yourself studying as a Pharmacy student in a few years down the line

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending