The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Interview at University of Reading

I have an interview to study Pharmacy at University of Reading soon and I was wondering if there was any tips or advice anyone could give me as this is my first interview?
Original post by k3isy.zii
I have an interview to study Pharmacy at University of Reading soon and I was wondering if there was any tips or advice anyone could give me as this is my first interview?

Hey @k3isy.zii,

Congratulations on getting an interview - that's great news! How are you feeling about it?

I don't study Pharmacy myself, so can't give specific guidance relative to these interviews, however you can read more about the interview process from the pharmacy department here. You may also find it helpful to chat to Fiyinfoluwa, who is a student currently studying Pharmacy at Reading as she may be able to give you an insight into what it is like!

I did have to do an interview to get onto my current course though and have done a couple of interviews before, so some general advice I'd offer is:
-Think about your experiences and how they will relate to your course. These don't have to be work-related or even pharmacy specific, but think outside the box about how different situations have aided your development in certain areas, and how these can be used in the Pharmacy sector.
-Get there early so you're not worrying about how to find your way and being late.
-Get an early night the night before and check you have everything you need. The department will let you know if you need anything specific beforehand, but take ID and a pen just in case. Take water and snacks too!
-Take a deep breath and be yourself! Try not to overthink it. They don't expect you to know everything. The main thing they want to find out is what you are like as a person and how you would suit the profession/course - so try to relax and be natural! People often say that their interviews are never as scary as they thought they would be, so try not to put too much pressure on yourself (although I know that's easier said than done!).

Hope this is helpful but if you have any other questions, please do ask!
Wishing you the best of luck for your interview!!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student & Student Ambassador
Hey

I got into pharmacy last year but deferred and am thinking of reapplying to new unis

I am thinking of applying there for pharmacy aswell but can’t decide between Reading, DMU, Aston or Portsmouth or Cardiff.

What made you apply to Reading and do you know anything about the course??
Original post by Unihelpneeded4
Hey

I got into pharmacy last year but deferred and am thinking of reapplying to new unis

I am thinking of applying there for pharmacy aswell but can’t decide between Reading, DMU, Aston or Portsmouth or Cardiff.

What made you apply to Reading and do you know anything about the course??

Hey @Unihelpneeded4

Well done for getting into Pharmacy last year! What university was that for?:smile:

I obviously can't speak on behalf of Pharmacy students as a general, as I don't study that course, however I applied to Reading due to the facilities available (all the study areas and libraries are brilliant) and the tutors are all really approachable. I also found the atmosphere to be really welcoming when I came to visit on an open day; everyone was so lovely and happy to help! and there's always loads of fun things going on too, which suits whatever lifestyle you have. The campus is also lovely and green, with loads of wildlife and the town is really easily accessible from any point on site, with good transport links!

In terms of the course, you may find it helpful to message Fiyinfoluwa who is a current Pharmacy student at Reading. She may be able to answer any questions you have about what studying Pharmacy at Reading is really like.

I hope this helps! But let us know if you have any other questions.

Skye:smile:

Thank you for this @McGinger :smile:
This would be helpful for anyone with an interview/hoping to get an interview soon - take a look!

Reply 6

How was interview? I am in year 12 at the moment wanting to do Pharmacy next year. Would really appreciate some information on Pharmacy .
Original post by Aero8
How was interview? I am in year 12 at the moment wanting to do Pharmacy next year. Would really appreciate some information on Pharmacy .

Hey @Aero8!

Great to start asking questions early!
You may find it useful to chat to Fiyinfoluwa, who is a current student at Reading studying Pharmacy; she will be able to give you a good overview of what studying Pharmacy is really like! If you'd like to know more about the course overview and Reading in general as an option for Pharmacy, you can take a look at our website here, which has all the information about what you will learn and how you would learn it.

Hope this helps - let us know if you have any questions! Good luck with the rest of your studies.

Reply 8
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @Aero8!

Great to start asking questions early!
You may find it useful to chat to Fiyinfoluwa, who is a current student at Reading studying Pharmacy; she will be able to give you a good overview of what studying Pharmacy is really like! If you'd like to know more about the course overview and Reading in general as an option for Pharmacy, you can take a look at our website here, which has all the information about what you will learn and how you would learn it.

Hope this helps - let us know if you have any questions! Good luck with the rest of your studies.

Thanks I will get in touch with Fiyinfoluwa
Reply 9

Did you end up getting an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending