The Student Room Group

Would I only get 1 mark for this question instead of 2?

Screenshot_20160729-022814.png
For question 11a) in the image I have attached, would I only get 1 mark for just writing 4.08 (2 decimal places) instead of 4.081 (3 decimal places)? We were meant to round to 3 decimal places but I only rounded to 2! The actual answer is 4.081. Would I only get 1 mark for rounding to 2 decimal places rather than 3?
Unfortunately, it is likely as 1 mark would be for correct value and 1 mark would be for the correct number of decimal places.
Original post by NeverLucky
Unfortunately, it is likely as 1 mark would be for correct value and 1 mark would be for the correct number of decimal places.
so only 1 mark???😢😢😢
Original post by dp00
so only 1 mark???😢😢😢

Yes unfortunately but in the grand scheme of things, 1 mark won't make difference and you'll know to not make the same mistake twice.
Yes unfortunately but in the grand scheme of things, 1 mark won't make difference and you'll know to not make the same mistake twice.

Screenshot_20160729-023743.png
okay... thanks for replying anyway!! For question 12, in the image I have attached, would I only get 1 mark for putting x=2, when in fact it should be x is <2. If I wrote "=" symbols in my working would I also lose a mark? I really need the marks so please tell me I would only lose 1!! Surely I should get 1 mark for showing that I could almost get the answer?
Original post by dp00
Screenshot_20160729-023743.png
okay... thanks for replying anyway!! For question 12, in the image I have attached, would I only get 1 mark for putting x=2, when in fact it should be x is <2. If I wrote "=" symbols in my working would I also lose a mark? I really need the marks so please tell me I would only lose 1!! Surely I should get 1 mark for showing that I could almost get the answer?

Yeah it's definitely possible but it's been ages since I've touched a GCSE mark scheme. Do you not access to the mark scheme?
Yeah it's definitely possible but it's been ages since I've touched a GCSE mark scheme. Do you not access to the mark scheme?
thanks for your response! This paper was for this year so mark schemes are not out yet! Are you sure I would get 1 mark?
Original post by dp00
thanks for your response! This paper was for this year so mark schemes are not out yet! Are you sure I would get 1 mark?

Yes, you'd only get 1 mark.
Original post by tanyapotter
Yes, you'd only get 1 mark.
thank you for your response tanya! Is that for question 12 you are talking about?
Original post by dp00
thank you for your response tanya! Is that for question 12 you are talking about?

Yeah she is. If you're not entirely convinced, you can always find a similar question in a past paper and reference the mark scheme for that past paper.
Yeah she is. If you're not entirely convinced, you can always find a similar question in a past paper and reference the mark scheme for that past paper.
thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending