The Student Room Group

gcse aqa english lit

do u need to get band 6 in all essays in the final exam to get grade 9 with full SPAG. it seems so frickin hard especially since there is barely any time for each essay.

in mocks, we did an inspector calls question and i barely got into band 6, so in real thing with less time i doubt i would get band 6. but i rlly want grade 9.
also in mocks they gave as a full hour instead of the normal 45 mins.
Reply 2
but isn't it 2hr 15 mins
Original post by ismaelishere
do u need to get band 6 in all essays in the final exam to get grade 9 with full SPAG. it seems so frickin hard especially since there is barely any time for each essay.
in mocks, we did an inspector calls question and i barely got into band 6, so in real thing with less time i doubt i would get band 6. but i rlly want grade 9.
no. you could get band 5 for one essay and still be fine. you have identified your weakness which is timing so practise it, practise working with the essays and complete them in time.

lets look at lasts years test as an example for the band 6 in all essays.

if you get band 5 (highest mark in it) for all essays you get 134 , 1 below the 9. you need to have 1 essay be in the band 6 to get the 9.and that could be the lowest one, granted you probably want some clearance so it will require a higher mark in band 6 to like the upper level. if you can do it in 2 ( band 6 this is the edit) then your set.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Sumikko
but isn't it 2hr 15 mins

for mocks we did only one question for an hour. normally paper 2 is 4 questions for 2hr 15mins which leaves 45 mins normally for inspector calls essay.

Quick Reply

Latest