The Student Room Group

Answered complete wrong questions in RE GCSE

We were told at the start of the exam to only pick two themes, as this was my first GCSE i was very anxious, and passing RS has always been a goal of mine, i revised literally all day for the past week. There was i believe 6 themes on the book, then another theme on marks gospel, instead of doing two themes and then going to marks gospel like everyone else, i answered 5 of the themes, 3000 words (i did it on keyboard) and i was thinking how does anyone complete this, each theme has a 12 mark, 5 mark, 4 mark, 2 mark and 1 mark question, but anyways i ran out of time i believe on the 6th theme, having no time to start marks gospel, i have wrote 6 themes out of 2 needed and no marks gospel, my friends told me they can only mark the 2 themes, and nothing else, meaning i have basically failed as more than half the paper is marks gospel, which nothing is written on, i've been really stressed out about this and i don't know what to do, is there any alternative aqa could mark or anything at all? literally anything!!!?
I don't think they can do anything unfortunately. Do you have another RE exam? I would focus on that one and hopefully you'll get a good grade which will pull your overall average up.
Reply 2
Original post by MinaBee
I don't think they can do anything unfortunately. Do you have another RE exam? I would focus on that one and hopefully you'll get a good grade which will pull your overall average up.

No i dont have another paper, i took a paper on last monday and i think it went alright, but definetly not enough for me to pass with doing very little markable questions on this paper. Thanks for the reply though, i really ****ed up
no one will ever care about your GCSE RS result except you and thats today and maybe a couple hours on results day. no one cares about my grade or everyone elses who ever studied it
Reply 4
Original post by steamed-hams
no one will ever care about your GCSE RS result except you and thats today and maybe a couple hours on results day. no one cares about my grade or everyone elses who ever studied it

im aware rs isn't the most important subject, however i wanted to pass because at this point im gonna struggle to get into a sixth form, if i fail this i would have to pass every other gcse as i dropped spanish because i switched schools in year 9, and my previous school did french so it was too difficult. i just needed to pass this as an extra gcse, appreciate you though <3
How much do you think overall grade boundaries will change this year. I think they might go up but i don't know

Original post by MinaBee
Reply 6
Original post by Canuru
im aware rs isn't the most important subject, however i wanted to pass because at this point im gonna struggle to get into a sixth form, if i fail this i would have to pass every other gcse as i dropped spanish because i switched schools in year 9, and my previous school did french so it was too difficult. i just needed to pass this as an extra gcse, appreciate you though <3

Girl I’m going through the same thing rn i did the wrong theme questions because I did it chronologically instead of just the 4 so i missed out 3 12 markers which is so sad on paper 1 i did soso well and now it’ll get debunked by a half ik rs isn’t that deep but it was my fave subject and now that grades going to define my overall performance:frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Canuru
im rs isn't the most important subject, however i wanted to pass because at this point im gonna struggle to get into a sixth form, if i fail this i would have to pass every other gcse as i dropped spanish because i switched schools in year 9, and my previous school did french so it was too difficult. i just needed to pass this as an extra gcse, appreciate you though <3

Heyy im going through the exact same thing rn last Monday I did my paper 1 RS gcse it went so so well then today i did. theramic studies we were meant to do 4 themes me being me decided to do it chronologically im so sad because now it’ll debunk my grades from paper 1 and I’ll get a 6 or even 5 because of how badly I did I missed out 3 12 markers and ik rs isn’t that deep like it’s not math or English but it was my favourite subject and now this will define my overall performance:frown: i can’t even focus on my other tests cuz of how this one’s got me feeling, anyway i hope you passed and got the grades you wanted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending