The Student Room Group

How to do well in languages?

Im doing German A Level next year and i would like some tips on how to do really well and how to prepare? Thanks :smile:
Jeden Tag, Deutsch mit Muttersprachler sprechen und Medien aus Deutschland oder der Schweiz lesen/hören. Sie können auch ein Jahr verpflichten sich in Deutschland oder der Schweiz :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Jeden Tag, Deutsch mit Muttersprachler sprechen und Medien aus Deutschland oder der Schweiz lesen/hören. Sie können auch ein Jahr verpflichten sich in Deutschland oder der Schweiz :smile:

Spoiler

Ahh Danke!!!
Reply 3
I did a German qualification overseas, considerably easier than A-Level but harder than GCSE, equivalent to AS maybe and got 39/40.
The trick for me was to learn as many words as you possibly can, while at the same time mastering the grammar rules. This will give you a mechanical understanding of German, but not necessarily the kind of understanding you need to be able to converse in German. Once you have this kind of understanding, watch as many films as you can, talk to as many Germans as you can until you turn this mechanical understanding into a fluid understanding of the language.

Quick Reply

Latest