The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

If anyone hasn't seen this before it's just popped up on my facebook again... https://www.facebook.com/Flo2Flo.Basketball.News/videos/1237434212935912/

The James Harden one ..Dead every time, ffs Bdot
Original post by zionpower
Rings won't make u be the GOAT. Charles Barkley top 3 best PF of all time, has no ring same to Malone.
Bill Russell has 11 rings, is he the GOAT? No.
LeBron is not yet the GOAT because he did not dominate some important games such as in Finals. But Jordan did it all.

You did watch the finals this year right? He literally had the most dominant finals performance of all time. He led in all 5 categories.
Original post by MrDystopia
Imo Lebron is at 3. Who is above him aside from Jordan and Kareem do you think?

It's also very conceivable that Lebron will end up with the most points of all time, which would certainly put up to #2.

Scoring wise I think it's more likely that KD will have most points of all-time. Certainly he should end up top 3 scoring wise. I think he has the 4th highest scoring average? So lebron has some challenge in scoring the most points.
Original post by MamzZass
Scoring wise I think it's more likely that KD will have most points of all-time. Certainly he should end up top 3 scoring wise. I think he has the 4th highest scoring average? So lebron has some challenge in scoring the most points.

Oh yeah KD can go for it too. Only mentioned Lebron as that was relevant to the discussion! KD is definitely the best scorer in the league.

Side note, I'll happily argue all day as to why Kareem is 2nd all time. The dude consistent longevity across the entire stat sheet (Points, rebounds, blocks, assists), and his personal accolades (Which many always point to when discussing other stars) are just mind boggling when you look at it. Magic's career was cut short sure, but sadly that's all we can judge him on. Kareem just kept on going. I won't mention his college career since it isn't relevant, but there is even more proof of how dominant he was, from a young age, through his career and old age.
Reply 664
Awww hellllllllll naw! Both Shaq and Magic have called Kobe the greatest Laker ever - Kobe said he will never accept that (from Magic). Kobe can stfu. He's the G.O.A.T Laker :colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 665

Oh yeah KD can go for it too. Only mentioned Lebron as that was relevant to the discussion! KD is definitely the best scorer in the league.

I thought KD had arguably the best chance to reach that goal out of all the current NBA players - but now he's playing alongside Klay and Steph which will make it a lot more unlikely (less PPG for him).
Magics too humble lol. Everyone knows Kobe is behind Magic and Kareem. Kobe can take that third podium. :tongue:
Original post by eden3
I thought KD had arguably the best chance to reach that goal out of all the current NBA players - but now he's playing alongside Klay and Steph which will make it a lot more unlikely (less PPG for him).

The thing is with that team it's kinda hard to predict whether his scoring will take that big of a hit. The way I see it KD still averages around 27/7/4. But steph something like 23/5/9, less points but alot more assists. and klay 20/3/2.

Although the number of for each of them will go down I imagine that their efficiency will go up. With steph and kd can you imagine the amount of open shots klay will get. It's criminal that squad. My guess all 3 average 50% just due to defense not being able to keep up.
You did watch the finals this year right? He literally had the most dominant finals performance of all time. He led in all 5 categories.

are you the one who is telling this or you really saw the stats? Most dominant finals performance? really?
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

Hakeem is far behind Kareem. and extremely far behind Shaq. these stats have no value
(edited 7 years ago)
are you the one who is telling this or you really saw the stats? Most dominant finals performance? really?

I watched every game. And the stats speak for himself. He is the ONLY player to lead both teams in all categories in NBA history. Pretty dominant if you ask me. Mj didn't do that. Also back to back 40+ point games I belive? That is definitely dominant.

You have to give credit to golden state because against any other team lebron would've beat them convincingly with his performance. Lebron barely beating them despite his huge performance is a testament as to how good golden state were.

It's not that lebron wasn't dominant, it's just the golden state were such a good team that it didn't seem like he was dominating them.
I watched every game. And the stats speak for himself. He is the ONLY player to lead both teams in all categories in NBA history. Pretty dominant if you ask me. Mj didn't do that. Also back to back 40+ point games I belive? That is definitely dominant.

You have to give credit to golden state because against any other team lebron would've beat them convincingly with his performance. Lebron barely beating them despite his huge performance is a testament as to how good golden state were.

It's not that lebron wasn't dominant, it's just the golden state were such a good team that it didn't seem like he was dominating them.

please explain what u mean by all categories. after that i will answer properly

Points per game, Rebounds, Assists, Steals and Blocks.

What @Malevolent said. Points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.

Why does this image make Hakeem better? It's true that any star player surrounded by rubbish will dominate statistically. This is the type of image that is cherry picked to skew an argument.
What @Malevolent said. Points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.

i know u watched every games. LeBron was dominant yes. even though this stats only happen in postseason.
if he was that dominant his team should be 82-0 or 74-8.
but they won the Finals, that was great.
Hakeem is far behind Kareem. and extremely far behind Shaq. these stats have no value

Far behind Shaq, then why has Shaq stated begrudgingly by his own admission he could never beat Hakeem. Jordan has also said he rates Hakeem as the 2nd best of all time after himself (keep it 100 no false modesty bs)

So don't tell me Shaq is way better than Hakeem when he himself would say otherwise.

Why does this image make Hakeem better? It's true that any star player surrounded by rubbish will dominate statistically. This is the type of image that is cherry picked to skew an argument.

There are plehty of other reasons. I'm at the gym right now we can all continue this when I get home :biggrin:
Far behind Shaq, then why has Shaq stated begrudgingly by his own admission he could never beat Hakeem. Jordan has also said he rates Hakeem as the 2nd best of all time after himself (keep it 100 no false modesty bs)

So don't tell me Shaq is way better than Hakeem when he himself would say otherwise.

Every NBA player will rate someone better themselves. as it's the normal/humble thing to do, especially amongst legends of the game.

Unless you're Michael Jordan who is arrogant in the knowledge he is the best.
Every NBA player will rate someone better themselves. as it's the normal/humble thing to do, especially amongst legends of the game.

Unless you're Michael Jordan who is arrogant in the knowledge he is the best.

Hah we're talking about Shaq, he doesn't care for false modesty, he wrecks guys left right and centre if they have it coming. And he's outright said he doesn't think Nash deserved multiple MVPs also. Trust me he wouldn't say it out of false modesty.
Hah we're talking about Shaq, he doesn't care for false modesty, he wrecks guys left right and centre if they have it coming. And he's outright said he doesn't think Nash deserved multiple MVPs also. Trust me he wouldn't say it out of false modesty.

Most likely upset he couldn't manage more than 1 MVP throughout his career.

Quick Reply

Latest