The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

AS Grade

Hello! So basically, I'm freaking out 😰 Will Westminster turn me down for a failed AS? I intend to study law, obviously the entry requirement is ABB but I'm just so paranoid about that AS grade! My AS is Philosophy and it was **** so I'm expecting a U. If this messes up my chance to study law I honestly would be so heartbroken so I just need to know if Westminster require an AS grade?

Thanks
Original post by Samihab
Hello! So basically, I'm freaking out 😰 Will Westminster turn me down for a failed AS? I intend to study law, obviously the entry requirement is ABB but I'm just so paranoid about that AS grade! My AS is Philosophy and it was **** so I'm expecting a U. If this messes up my chance to study law I honestly would be so heartbroken so I just need to know if Westminster require an AS grade?

Thanks

Hello

The admissions team won't turn you down for a place to study Law at Westminster if you meet the entry requirements of your offer so please don't worry. Normally students are given an offer of passing 3 x A Levels (A2). I'd need to know if passing the AS in Philosophy is part of your offer? If it isn't then as long as you pass the A2 you will be fine. Please can I ask you to call Kevin Moore in Admissions on 0207 911 5883 and he can look at your application and confirm exactly what you need to pass to be confirmed as a student at Westminster.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Westminster
Hello

The admissions team won't turn you down for a place to study Law at Westminster if you meet the entry requirements of your offer so please don't worry. Normally students are given an offer of passing 3 x A Levels (A2). I'd need to know if passing the AS in Philosophy is part of your offer? If it isn't then as long as you pass the A2 you will be fine. Please can I ask you to call Kevin Moore in Admissions on 0207 911 5883 and he can look at your application and confirm exactly what you need to pass to be confirmed as a student at Westminster.

Best wishes

Kim

Hello! Thank you so much for your kindly reply I honestly can't tell you what a relief it is to me! 😅

I've actually just finished year 12 and gone in year 13. My three A Levels are Business Studies, English Literature & Language and Sociology. I only chose one AS subject which was Philosophy so I will be dropping that in the summer and also we haven't submitted our UCAS applications yet x

Many Thanks
Samiha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Samihab
Hello! Thank you so much for your kindly reply I honestly can't tell you what a relief it is to me! 😅

I've actually just finished year 12 and gone in year 13. My three A Levels are Business Studies, English Literature & Language and Sociology. I only chose one AS subject which was Philosophy so I will be dropping that in the summer and also we haven't submitted our UCAS applications yet x

Many Thanks
Samiha

If you drop your Philosophy AS level this won't be an issue. You'll be given a offer based on passing Business Studies, English Literature and Sociology A Level.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending