The Student Room Group

Any good IT related courses I can get into with a good university

My current gcse grade for maths is a 4 or a c and my english grade is a 5 for lit and 4 for language if I per say get the right Pearsons Btec national extended diploma grades(3-alevels) can I be accepted into a good university as I don't mind as long is it is technology related apart from media studies plss not recommend me this but any good university where my parents won't taunt me of going there and sorry if this aint grammatically correct I just didn't fix the errors as I am revising for my exam and also nearing closer to my ucas application deadline my apologies
Original post by Anonnymous31232
My current gcse grade for maths is a 4 or a c and my english grade is a 5 for lit and 4 for language if I per say get the right Pearsons Btec national extended diploma grades(3-alevels) can I be accepted into a good university as I don't mind as long is it is technology related apart from media studies plss not recommend me this but any good university where my parents won't taunt me of going there and sorry if this aint grammatically correct I just didn't fix the errors as I am revising for my exam and also nearing closer to my ucas application deadline my apologies

You say you're studying for a Pearson BTEC Level 3 Nationals Extended Diploma right now. Which one? Computing? Information Technology? Applied Science? Something else?

Do you have any idea what grade you're likely to get? (It'd be pointless me mentioning courses which need D*D*D* if you're more likely to get DMM, for example.)

BTW, choosing where to spend the next three years of your life, and what to study during that time, based on attempting to ensure your "parents won't taunt me" isn't the wisest of approaches. Wouldn't you rather study a course you prefer, even if it's a "lesser" university? In terms of the course, you say "I don't mind as long is it is technology related". What would the perfect course be?
Original post by DataVenia
You say you're studying for a Pearson BTEC Level 3 Nationals Extended Diploma right now. Which one? Computing? Information Technology? Applied Science? Something else?

Do you have any idea what grade you're likely to get? (It'd be pointless me mentioning courses which need D*D*D* if you're more likely to get DMM, for example.)

BTW, choosing where to spend the next three years of your life, and what to study during that time, based on attempting to ensure your "parents won't taunt me" isn't the wisest of approaches. Wouldn't you rather study a course you prefer, even if it's a "lesser" university? In terms of the course, you say "I don't mind as long is it is technology related". What would the perfect course be?

Uhm I'm so sorry for the late reply I just got my exams over with uhm so I'm doing a level 3 IT National Extended Diploma and you said what am I likely to get so Based of the target grade for November 23 2023 progress report
My teacher gave me a MMM and Progress grade MMM. So based of the most recent progress report for January 19 2024 it says that my target grade is MMM and Progress grade is DMM, I'm not sure what this progress grade exactly means but hopefully I have gave enough info regarding this.
Original post by Anonnymous31232
Uhm I'm so sorry for the late reply I just got my exams over with uhm so I'm doing a level 3 IT National Extended Diploma and you said what am I likely to get so Based of the target grade for November 23 2023 progress report
My teacher gave me a MMM and Progress grade MMM. So based of the most recent progress report for January 19 2024 it says that my target grade is MMM and Progress grade is DMM, I'm not sure what this progress grade exactly means but hopefully I have gave enough info regarding this.

You asked "can I be accepted into a good university". The fact that you're doing BTEC Extended Diploma in IT isn't really an issue. The issue will be the grade. Your target grade of MMM in your BTEC is the equivalent of CCC at A level. As a result, finding a "technology related" at "a good university" won't be easy.

Does Computer Science with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons), at Swansea University have any appeal? (details)
Reply 4
You asked "can I be accepted into a good university". The fact that you're doing BTEC Extended Diploma in IT isn't really an issue. The issue will be the grade. Your target grade of MMM in your BTEC is the equivalent of CCC at A level. As a result, finding a "technology related" at "a good university" won't be easy.

Does Computer Science with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons), at Swansea University have any appeal? (details)

Wait sorry what is the difference between a target grade and progress grade, also I am getting my teacher to change my Target grade so Universities can even consider or even accept me.
Original post by L2Driller
Wait sorry what is the difference between a target grade and progress grade

I don't know. Those are made-up terms. The only terms which are universally recognised are "mock grade" (the grade resulting from a mock exam), "predicted grade" (the grade your school / college believe you will achieve), or "actual grade" (the grade you achieve in the qualification itself).

If you are "getting my teacher to change my Target grade so Universities can even consider or even accept me" then it sound like a predicted grade. There is little point in a prediction which does not reflect reality. It will just lead to disappointment on results day.
Reply 6
I don't know. Those are made-up terms. The only terms which are universally recognised are "mock grade" (the grade resulting from a mock exam), "predicted grade" (the grade your school / college believe you will achieve), or "actual grade" (the grade you achieve in the qualification itself).

If you are "getting my teacher to change my Target grade so Universities can even consider or even accept me" then it sound like a predicted grade. There is little point in a prediction which does not reflect reality. It will just lead to disappointment on results day.

No so the reason He said he will change my target grade is because I was willing to get my coursework up from pass and merits up to an distinction and he thinks I can possibly get higher grade than he predicted me because I made that change and If I am not happy with my exam Grades I Will consider if I need to resit them to get an higher grade
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending