The Student Room Group

Rejecting insurance choice?

since putting in my UCAS insurance and firm choice i have changed my mind about my insurance choice and I would rather go into clearing if i get rejected by my first choice, how do i get around doing this and go to clearing instead of my insurance choice?
You will have to phone them up and ask them to release you. If that is the case then you'll want to go and pick up your results early as the phone lines will get very busy and you'll have to spend time getting through to both your current insurance and the places you apply to through clearing.

Best of luck for results day! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
You will have to phone them up and ask them to release you. If that is the case then you'll want to go and pick up your results early as the phone lines will get very busy and you'll have to spend time getting through to both your current insurance and the places you apply to through clearing.

Best of luck for results day! :smile:

would it be possible for me to do this before results day to try and minimise the amount i have to do during the clearing process?
Original post by erica123445
would it be possible for me to do this before results day to try and minimise the amount i have to do during the clearing process?

It's too late to make changes but you can request that they do it as soon as track unlocks and then you just have to hope they release you quickly.
Original post by erica123445

You can contact them before results day but any actions they take will only show on your Track on the 18th.

Call them up today. Ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to and write it down.

Explain that if your firm reject you then you would like to be placed straight into clearing and wont be taking up your insurance choice. Ask what they need from you to make sure that happens ASAP. If they have your wishes in writing before results then they should be able to make sure it happens as soon as possible.

DO NOT use the words reject, release or withdraw when speaking to universities - just explain the eventual outcome you want.
Original post by PQ
You can contact them before results day but any actions they take will only show on your Track on the 18th.

Call them up today. Ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to and write it down.

Explain that if your firm reject you then you would like to be placed straight into clearing and wont be taking up your insurance choice. Ask what they need from you to make sure that happens ASAP. If they have your wishes in writing before results then they should be able to make sure it happens as soon as possible.

DO NOT use the words reject, release or withdraw when speaking to universities - just explain the eventual outcome you want.

If you did this would you still be able to change your mind on results day and go to your insurance?

Also why would you suggest not using those words? :redface:
Original post by Katiee224
If you did this would you still be able to change your mind on results day and go to your insurance?

Because those words mean something very specific to unis so they might do something that means that you cant go to the university you want at all

Not if you have phoned and asked to not go to insurance before results day

Only if they were willing to accept your through Clearing.

Those 3 words have specific meanings in the UCAS scheme - if you ask for the wrong one you might get an unhelpful response ("we can't do that" ) or they might do what you ask for (which has ended up with applicants withdrawn from UCAS altogether in the past).
Original post by PQ
Only if they were willing to accept your through Clearing.

Those 3 words have specific meanings in the UCAS scheme - if you ask for the wrong one you might get an unhelpful response ("we can't do that" ) or they might do what you ask for (which has ended up with applicants withdrawn from UCAS altogether in the past).

Okay, thanks.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending