The Student Room Group

URGENT! My UCAS application has yet to be accepted or rejected by my FIRM SOAS!!

so results day was yesterday however when I checked UCAS I saw that I only got accepted into my insurance choice and that my FIRM CHOICE (@soas) HASNT ACCEPTED OR REJECTED ME!!! I didn't even get the grades for my course so if they had given me a response in the morning I might've been able to get in through clearing... i think most the spaces have been taken up by now! SFE also needs to know what uni I'm going to by the 31st of august and despite the amount of calls and emails i have sent SOAS I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN AN UPDATE :frown: in fact most the calls went to voicemail where it said they'd get to me asap ITS BEEN OVER 7 HOURS. can someone pleaseeee tell me what to do I'm getting really anxious because I don't want to lose my spot in my insurance choice all because SOAS didn't accept OR reject me.

EDIT: the issue has been resolved, shout out to Dan for being so helpful!!!!!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
hii i don’t know completely but i’m pretty sure if you got accepted into your insurance, you were rejected from your firm. i got my first choice and didn’t get anything from my insurance and my friend got accepted into her insurance but heard nothing from her firm.

i hope this is helpful :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jas_h72
hii i don’t know completely but i’m pretty sure if you got accepted into your insurance, you were rejected from your firm. i got my first choice and didn’t get anything from my insurance and my friend got accepted into her insurance but heard nothing from her firm.

thank you for your response! The thing is that i can't accept my insurance until my firm has either rejected or accepted me!! right now on UCAS it says 'waiting for confirmation from soas' so yeah unless they reject my application i cant accept my insurance. its all very frustrating :frown:
Original post by jas_h72

No, their firm hasn’t decided yet. Both get results at the same time and make decisions independently.

OP needs to keep chasing SOAS.
Reply 4
Original post by isagiyoichi
thank you for your response! The thing is that i can't accept my insurance until my firm has either rejected or accepted me!! right now on UCAS it says 'waiting for confirmation from soas' so yeah unless they reject my application i cant accept my insurance. its all very frustrating :frown:

oh wow, that’s very weird and understandably frustrating, im really sorry!

if you haven’t, maybe you should contact your insurance to let them know the situation? other than that, i’m not sure what to suggest.

i really hope your firm gets back to you soon!
Original post by isagiyoichi
so results day was yesterday however when I checked UCAS I saw that I only got accepted into my insurance choice and that my FIRM CHOICE (@soas) HASNT ACCEPTED OR REJECTED ME!!! I didn't even get the grades for my course so if they had given me a response in the morning I might've been able to get in through clearing... i think most the spaces have been taken up by now! SFE also needs to know what uni I'm going to by the 31st of august and despite the amount of calls and emails i have sent SOAS I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN AN UPDATE :frown: in fact most the calls went to voicemail where it said they'd get to me asap ITS BEEN OVER 7 HOURS. can someone pleaseeee tell me what to do I'm getting really anxious because I don't want to lose my spot in my insurance choice all because SOAS didn't accept OR reject me.

Hey,
I'm sorry this has all been so stressful. The best thing for you to do is to call our Clearing hotline number: 0203 912 6580 and ask to speak to 'Dan Lewis' specifically. He should be able to take a look at your application hopefully get things moving.

Monica ( MA Social Anthropology SOAS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending