The Student Room Group

Help with applying for medicine/bio-med with applied science A-Level ?

Do universities in the UK that do bio medicine accept Applied Science as an A-Level?
Reply 1
Original post by imanyousaf10
Do universities in the UK that do bio medicine accept Applied Science as an A-Level?

I don't really understand your question. Do you mean BTEC Applied science?
Reply 2
Original post by polerat
I don't really understand your question. Do you mean BTEC Applied science?

Applied Science is BTEC Applied Science.
Reply 3
Original post by Dann.It

Not necessarily, some have an exam component to it.
Reply 4
For biomedical science/biomedicine? as opposed to medicine itself?

*You should be ok to apply to certain universities but I would suggest you contact each of the universities you're considering applying to confirm whether they can consider your qualifications for a place there to avoid wasting a ucas choice, I know this year the ucas tariff points are due to change as well to accommodate the range of qualifications offered by applicants, the ucas website has a tariff converter from grade to points which should also help with deciding if your grades are suitable for applying to a particular universities.

TLDR- contact the universities you want to apply to see if your qualifications are accepted. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dann.It

no i study applied science as a full A level at a sixth form it is not a BTEC
Original post by simi89
For biomedical science/biomedicine? as opposed to medicine itself?

*You should be ok to apply to certain universities but I would suggest you contact each of the universities you're considering applying to confirm whether they can consider your qualifications for a place there to avoid wasting a ucas choice, I know this year the ucas tariff points are due to change as well to accommodate the range of qualifications offered by applicants, the ucas website has a tariff converter from grade to points which should also help with deciding if your grades are suitable for applying to a particular universities.

TLDR- contact the universities you want to apply to see if your qualifications are accepted. :smile:[/QUO
Thank you for the help and yes i have started to contact many universeties, waiting to hear back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending