The Student Room Group

Thinning hair

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Buy Biotin and zinc tablets from holland and barrets. Best option is hair transplant, which Im gnna do once i finish uni and get a job. They start from around £2000 which isnt a lot.
Original post by DanB1991
Hair growth speed has 0 bearing on whether you're thinning or not. Thiining is in reference to the spread of your hair, not it's length. Thinning is when hairs that fall out naturally don't grow back. Whether the hair is long or short, it will fall out after a similar amount of time. * (...)

I guess I begin to understand: if the length is quite short, so people's hair is called short, but if it obviously that the short length is the reason for not growing anylonger, it is called thinning. And that is the difference of those terms in meaning. Did I gess it out now? *
Reply 22
Original post by Kallisto
I guess I begin to understand: if the length is quite short, so people's hair is called short, but if it obviously that the short length is the reason for not growing anylonger, it is called thinning. And that is the difference of those terms in meaning. Did I gess it out now? *

No - by not growing we mean it doesn't grow at all. Not that it's grown a bit and stopped growing.

Essentially, it means the quantity of your hair is diminishing. Not its length.

That's why I had trouble understanding your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kallisto

Yeah as stephan said, thinning is when your hair doesn't grow back. Length is completely different to thinning (you can experience thinning and retain hair with certain types of balding, but the hairs are so small you wouldn't see them anyway and it complicates things).

If you're noticing loads of short hair, it doesn't mean you're thinning, it just means at some point you lost some hair (either naturally or via it being pulled etc) and it's starting to grown back. If you were thinning you wouldn't have those shorter hairs at all.
Original post by *Stefan*
x

Original post by DanB1991
x

Slowly, but surely I get it. Have even looked for some pictures just to see the difference. Sorry for misunderstanding from the beginning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending