The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Altun63
What are people going to do after they collect their results? Anything fun/interesting?

Dyeing my hair for the first time witha friend! :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
It's okay, I was the same, Sally. Wait.. maybe that's a bad thing :lol:

It's a good trait to have most of the time unless you're finding that you genuinely care about nothing in life which is.. concerning. But I digress :lol:

yeh but it is ok for you to be like that seansicle :tongue: because you do amazing at everything <3
mhm well that's another story :redface:
im stressing about the wrong things tbh :redface:
Original post by Salamandastron
yeh but it is ok for you to be like that seansicle :tongue: because you do amazing at everything <3
mhm well that's another story :redface:
im stressing about the wrong things tbh :redface:

:rofl: I wish that were true, unfortunately I am human too :hide: but it is easy for you to forget how hard you actually worked for PD, Art, History and Bio because you have talked about it :tongue:

:hide: :frown: I getcha, life is difficult a lot of the time.

:hugs:
Reply 3543
Links for the 'Post Your Results' and 'Grade Boundaries' forums have now been added to the first post.
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whywhywhy :bawling:
Original post by thevamps99xo
Same :frown: the worst part about it is that it doesn't count towards our final A level. It would be nice to feel like all our hard work wasn't a waste and that half the battle is over :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you ask me that's the best part! I just don't think I have done very well tbh. So the fact that my science exams don't count (Chemistry at least) is a big plus as I am sure I ****ed up badly! Maths Is normal and I think I should have a secure B at the very least.

Ughhhhh. The Dreeeeaaddd! :frown:
If you want to de-stress, #UniAdvice is trending on twitter right now :-)
Original post by gemmax6x
On monday i will be getting around 30cm of my hair cut off to donate to the little princesses trust and also to get sponsored to raise money for melanoma uk which unfortunately caused my stepdad to pass away.
For a great cause and also something to distract my attention away from results day and to focus on raising money for a good cause. If anybody would like to sponsor me this is the link which also explains more about it all. Thanks in advance. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Gemma-Broom1

:smile:
Original post by dragonsonmars
awh you poor thing, I know maths is the hardest thing to predict grade-wise! I'm sure you'll have done fab though. If we don't, at least we can say we did try; even the effort of trying is hard:lol::redface:

Ah thanks haha, and yup I think we all deserve something good out of results day, just for the sake of us putting in the effort to write some bs on a paper regardless of if its it right or not!
For once, I actually feel calm. Let's hope this lasts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FailedMyMocks
If you ask me that's the best part! I just don't think I have done very well tbh. So the fact that my science exams don't count (Chemistry at least) is a big plus as I am sure I ****ed up badly! Maths Is normal and I think I should have a secure B at the very least.

Ughhhhh. The Dreeeeaaddd! :frown:

Same I love that it doesn't count but still want to do well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Same I love that it doesn't count but still want to do well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine don't count either, but if I do well at least I'll have satisfaction in that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3552
shdhfhsjsjfdika Grade boundaries are out!!!!,

Spoiler

Same here for two of my subjects! Good luck! :smile:
Original post by tanyapotter
omg, i seriously considered sending unit 2 for a remark because there was no way i didn't get full ums, even after marking myself harshly + checking the mark scheme! but ah well.

how the hell did you get full ums on the potato circuit exam????!!! i think i got a mid A in that (106 or something) but i was still over the moon because i did not expect to even pass it lmao

what i don't get, to this day, is how PHYA2 was apparently harder than PHYA1. when i finished unit 2 i thought that exam was a gift from the gods, it was literally so easy. how on earth did people generally do better in the first one???!!! how was it 48/70 for an A on one of the easiest unit 2 papers i'd ever done? HH OW

This one post has made me soooo nervous that the markers are going to screw me over :frown:.
Original post by yoli1998
Hi! quick question about tariff points. My insurance choice required 320 tariff points. What grades is this? I think its ABB, am I right? I should probably know this haha, but I just want to be sure. So nervous!

Yep, you're right! Or something that makes up the same amount of points eg. A*BC. :smile:

Original post by PQ
Ohh UCAS have just notified us that they have *most* of the A level files through from exam boards :smile:[NOTE - this is GOOD news, if they're late or delayed or there's problems then that can cause all sorts of problems with universities and UCAS getting Track updated in time :smile: - early delivery is definitely a positive thing, it means fewer muddles and mistakes on results day]

... I feel physically sick :frown:
Guys a questiom ...

I was thinking of filling a "register your interest " for clearing for a uni , will this affect my current application in any way like they're asking for ucas id and all and im just worried my current firm uni wont be affected by me signing up to get clearing alerts from this uni ?
Original post by future doctor x
Guys a questiom ...

I was thinking of filling a "register your interest " for clearing for a uni , will this affect my current application in any way like they're asking for ucas id and all and im just worried my current firm uni wont be affected by me signing up to get clearing alerts from this uni ?

I did this when holding a firm offer and it didnt have any affect at all, never ended up needing it but its nice to have a backup!
Original post by AKRYL
shdhfhsjsjfdika Grade boundaries are out!!!!,

Spoiler

Why you gotta be so ruude? Don't you know I'm human too?
(That actually got my hopes up :rolleyes:)
Sums up my feelings right now...

https://youtu.be/RuJ1gfkqTyw

Quick Reply

Latest