The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Will i get into Warwick with just 3 A levels

I'm debating whether to drop an EPQ. I want to study history at Warwick and have A levels History, Politics and Philosophy predicted A*AA. I'm afraid that continuing the EPQ will take attention away from my A levels and i want to be able to achieve the predictions and maybe even higher.

What do you think? Can you get into Warwick with just 3 A levels or is this not realistic?
Reply 1
I've done a quick search for you. If you're looking at doing the History (Renaissance/Modern and Modern) course, then the standard offer is AAA including history. You will be fine if you drop the EPQ, but remember your EPQ can help make you stand out to universities and you might need this especially with the more competitive universities such as Warwick.

You will definitely be considered by the university based on your predicted grades, but remember to shine in your personal statement. In reality, you shouldn't need your EPQ to get into the university. Many schools and colleges don't even offer their students the opportunity to do it.

Good luck, and if you're really worried you should email the Warwick History admissions team.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Amefish
I've done a quick search for you. If you're looking at doing the History (Renaissance/Modern and Modern) course, then the standard offer is AAA including history. You will be fine if you drop the EPQ, but remember your EPQ can help make you stand out to universities and you might need this especially with the more competitive universities such as Warwick.

You will definitely be considered by the university based on your predicted grades, but remember to shine in your personal statement. In reality, you shouldn't need your EPQ to get into the university. Many schools and colleges don't even offer their students the opportunity to do it.

Good luck, and if you're really worried you should email the Warwick History admissions team.

Thank you for looking that up!
Reply 3
Original post by megmogs101
Thank you for looking that up!

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by megmogs101
I'm debating whether to drop an EPQ. I want to study history at Warwick and have A levels History, Politics and Philosophy predicted A*AA. I'm afraid that continuing the EPQ will take attention away from my A levels and i want to be able to achieve the predictions and maybe even higher.

What do you think? Can you get into Warwick with just 3 A levels or is this not realistic?

Hello!

In my experience, Warwick pretty much only ever asks for 3 A-Levels - I don't think I have yet seen a course asking for 4. Some courses especially do look at the grade you got in the 4th subject at AS, particularly competitive courses, but overall, 3 good A-Levels is definitely the standard expectation. :smile:
Two of my friends joining me at Warwick both got into the History course at Warwick with 3 A Levels, one with your predicted grades and one with lower, so it's definitely achievable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
EPQ won't help, don't do it.
Omg the EPQ is so easy, it does not take long at all. I did mine the week before it was due and got an A*!!! Honestly do it!!!! You can dk it earlier on in the year, get it checked, send it off snd be ready for exams!!! Do it!!

Quick Reply

Latest