The Student Room Group

I decided against free university education in Germany, now pay 9k a year, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by searaga
In the following short essay I shall argue that the following three names: CAP-ALDI,
The WhoDoc and Pearliee are most suitable in naming a dinosaur of the species "Tyrannosaurus rex"
The first name "CAP-ALDI" is amazing for the following reasons:
For someone who likes Doctor Who and Aldi it combines both of these into a powerful double name which does not allow people to doubt the almighty of its owner. However the possiblity still remains that two names will not emphasize enough the individual reference of each part, which could lead to a misunderstanding in the initial comparison.
The second name is a direct reference to Doctor Who, and especially predesigned for those who do not approve the first name for the reason that they prefer asda over aldi. On the contrary, someone who is fond of Aldi might still prefer the first name.
Pearliee as the last name, is a wonderful name assuming the T-Rex is a female exemplar, (since you did not specify the gender of the T-Rex, I assume that this is also allowed). A direct reference to the newest companion of Doctor Who this name is beautiful for the double e on its end, which creates a harmonic melodic sound. It is easy to pronounce, and a beautiful reference to the word "Pearl".
Someone who does not like pearls might hate the name.

Oh dude, great job, best detail I've seen yet :congrats:
I knew I hadn't done that good a question :facepalm:
This T-Rex is un-gendered (neuter) :colone:
Positives: Detail is quite incredible, reference to Doctor Who is on point, the names are just ab fab and I particularly enjoyed your varied punctuation :wink:
Criticisms: Capitilisation is rather dodgy, for instance Asda and Aldi, spelling is a bit dodgy at times, check "possibility" and "emphasise" and possibly the hypenation in T-Rex although I was not 100% sure so :lol: whatever hehe.
Overall mark out of 8: 8.5 (with bonus mark) you should now have a face like this emoji --> :proud:
Original post by searaga
Studying Economics at UEA in Norwich, just finished first year

You're paying £9,000 a year for UEA? Lmfao you should ask for a refund 😂😂
Original post by 99_Problems
How do you have so many red bars? We haven't been able to neg rep for years... :lol:

Look at my sign-up date. I've been a naughty boy...
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

Sure, the entire female population... there hasn't been ONE documented case of rape my refugees. And at least we are doing the RIGHT thing and helping people fleeing from war and violence. How many refugees are YOU lot taking in? Yeah, right. P-O-S.

There is literally video footage of it.. many news articles as well about it. Germany will never be the same... 1 million... yeah good luck.

(incoming ignorant SJW calling me racist :smile:)
Original post by Student167
There is literally video footage of it.. many news articles as well about it.

Oh, please do show me that rape video! There was groping, and most of the offenders have been dealt with. It happens when you're compassionate and take in people in need, there are always a few bad apples. If you reject everyone because of them, you should just go kill yourself, you don't deserve to be called a human being.

Germany will never be the same... 1 million... yeah good luck.

Yeah, we will be a better, more colorful nation (with lots of people hungry to succeed and willing to do the jobs the highly educated German workforce doesn't want to do). I think we should take in more.

So how many immigrants live in the UK? Into what face do you look when you step into a corner shop? Or call a handyman? Or go buy a mobile?
It's always hilarious when a Brit warns of taking in too many refugees while living in a country where white British will be a minority very soon...

(incoming ignorant SJW calling me racist :smile:)

Nah, just a cynical, uneducated xenophobe who won't amount to much in life with those attitudes.
Oh, please do show me that rape video! There was groping, and most of the offenders have been dealt with. It happens when you're compassionate and take in people in need, there are always a few bad apples. If you reject everyone because of them, you should just go kill yourself, you don't deserve to be called a human being.

Yeah, we will be a better, more colorful nation (with lots of people hungry to succeed and willing to do the jobs the highly educated German workforce doesn't want to do). I think we should take in more.

So how many immigrants live in the UK? Into what face do you look when you step into a corner shop? Or call a handyman? Or go buy a mobile?
It's always hilarious when a Brit warns of taking in too many refugees while living in a country where white British will be a minority very soon...

Nah, just a cynical, uneducated xenophobe who won't amount to much in life with those attitudes.

''you should just go kill yourself''. Lol talk about mentally unstable. You really are one of those SJW. Seriously you think your IP/name/location is invisible on the internet don't you? So funny lol and I'm not reading the rest of your BS. Honestly people like you are a new form of cancer in todays society. I could get you in **** for saying that online lol. Don't tempt me.
Ok i read a bit more...
''So how many immigrants live in the UK? Into what face do you look when you step into a corner shop? Or call a handyman? Or go buy a mobile?'

Nothing wrong with people of colour... most of my friends are (please feel free to make that ''i have a black friend i'm not racist joke'':wink:. The thing i see wrong is they come from a completely different culture... the attitudes towards women are very different (hence the countless numbers of assults on women... yes there are reports but you have to search to find them). That is just a part of it.. this is the middle east we are talking about... yes a lot may be people scared/running from war.. but they will bring men who are from a very different belief system.
(edited 7 years ago)
''you should just go kill yourself''. Lol talk about mentally unstable.

Given the borderline fascist BS you wrote, it's clearly you who needs help (or a good beating).

Seriously you think your IP/name/location is invisible on the internet don't you?

Oh, no, of course I am aware of that. But destroying a halfwit like you is luckily nothing illegal.

and I'm not reading the rest of your BS.

Ah, you know you did, and you've got nothing to respond. It's always the same with you lot..

I could get you in **** for saying that online lol. Don't tempt me.

Haha, I am so scared! Please please don't report me for not infringing anything!
Reply 68
Seeing that tuition is capped at the same amount everywhere, why are you going to such a crap uni in the middle of nowhere?

Well, would you say the same about the University of York, for example? I'd have almost free tuition for uni too if I stayed in Italy.

UEA does quite fine in the rankings tbh.
Reply 69
OP, how would you rate your experience there so far on a scale out of 10? Got a place for Economics at York for this year, I'm Italian :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest