The Student Room Group

Guys, a girl attacks you... do you take the hits or fight back?

I'd want to hit back, but I'd be afraid of retaliation from a group of white knights:

https://vid.me/oNLd

I only have one pair of arms/legs!

Scroll to see replies

Push her off and walk away as fast as I can.
But essentially it all depends on the reason why shes hitting you.
If I deserve them then id take them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
YOU DEFINITELY DON'T FIGHT BACK.
Either subdue (non-violently) if you can, or walk away very fast (do not run)
fight back
if she throws the first blow, I'll give her an extra bonus - one for hitting me, one for starting the fight.
if women are equal to men, not in strength but in responsibility, then I will screw *whoever* decides to hurt me - be they a big man, a small man, a big woman or a small woman. the only thing that stops adults from facing children with full force is the lack of child responsibility. but adult women have equal responsibility to adult men, so they're absolutely fair game. they know what they're doing. they have equal intelligence, equal comprehension of their wrong doing, and for that, they deserve no protections whatsoever.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
depends on if i deserve it or not :colondollar:
Initially I'd attempt to constrain her but if she keeps being aggressive then I'd have to use force. #EqualityIsGood
Reply 6
If I ever attacked a man (which I wouldn't) I'd be an idiot if I did t think I'd get anything back. I once saw a video where a girl was physically abusing a guy and he took it for ages them b**** slapped her so hard... Everyone then ganged up on him and all I could think was she deserved it.
If she thinks she can dish it out like a man, she can take it like a man
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
YOU DEFINITELY DON'T FIGHT BACK.

why
Depends what was reasonable self defence in the circumstances.

Preservation of me and mine more important.

That means backing off, but if they were a continuing threat then that might require alternative action.

Cant say i'd be overly keen on attacking a female, but left with no other choice then might have to.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/28/wealthy-fashion-boss-arrested-on-suspicion-of-murder-told-he-wil/
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/in-the-clear-bramhall-homeowner-who-stabbed-872616
Tbh if its a complete stranger attacking me, there's a chance they are crazy, and crazy people can do a lot of damage regardless of gender. Though I want to learn judo and bjj specifically to apply harmless submissions to people in these situations. Not to mention striking sports are a terrible for actual fighting.

OP, noone is going to judge you for defending yourself and doing the reasonable action in it's reasonable circumstance. The universe isn't out there to try get you massacred by a raging female. Your post has an accusatory tone to it, as if you're trying to prove some point about men being oppressed because they can't hit a weaker sex.
Reply 10
Okay, a question:

Is this "street" or "in a relationship"?

If street, take the advice others have given. Move away fast, preferably whilst keeping your hands in a guard position or in your pockets and staying as non-aggressive as possible. CCTV and bystanders are not your friend!

If in a relationship... well, I've ended up going out with two girls who lashed out. One I found out about fairly early on, and used a "job offer" as a way to move out of her life. The other the violence started after we'd married! In the later relationship I got VERY badly hurt, kept "taking it", and I didn't stick to my ultimatums. What finally swung it for me was one simple question that I didn't like the answer to::: "If she'll hit a 15-stone rugby player hard enough to draw blood, what the hell is going to happen when a toddler annoys her?" When I realised that I couldn't trust her to stay calm inside the confines of the house, I backed out of the relationship as directly as possible (I took a job overseas, and then began divorce proceedings).

The reason for mentioning the violence that lasted for years is simply so you learn from my mistakes... violent/aggressive people REALLY struggle to change their behaviour patterns. If you're being hurt in a relationship (and this goes whether you're male/female/straight/gay/bi/whatever) you need to be realistic enough to ask yourself the hard questions and close the situation down fast. Which brings us back to the "street" situation. Walk away and stay passive... even if it means leaving all your stuff in your old house, just buy new stuff because once someone's started hitting, they aren't going to stop (and if they'll hit you when as a bloke you are stronger/bigger than they are, what the hell are they going to do when there's a genuinely vulnerable person in their line of fire?)

Spoiler

Looked like he nearly punched her head clean off. Somewhat excessive.
Original post by LibertyMan
Tbh if its a complete stranger attacking me, there's a chance they are crazy, and crazy people can do a lot of damage regardless of gender. Though I want to learn judo and bjj specifically to apply harmless submissions to people in these situations. Not to mention striking sports are a terrible for actual fighting.

OP, noone is going to judge you for defending yourself and doing the reasonable action in it's reasonable circumstance. The universe isn't out there to try get you massacred by a raging female. Your post has an accusatory tone to it, as if you're trying to prove some point about men being oppressed because they can't hit a weaker sex.

Original post by Saeedpoppa
You forgot the other option: using reasonable force.

Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Looked like he nearly punched her head clean off. Somewhat excessive.

You all sound like the sort of people who support the stupid idea that you should only use "reasonable force" if someone has broken into your home. Look, if I'm being attacked, I'm terrified and adrenalin is rushing through my veins, I'm going to swing as hard as I ****ing can.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheGuyReturns
You all sound like the sort of people who support the stupid idea that you should only use "reasonable force" if someone has broken into your home. Look, if I'm being attacked, I'm terrified and adrenalin is rushing through my veins, I'm going to swing as hard as I ****ing can.

Noone's stopping you big man, that's why your thread is pointless
Original post by LibertyMan
Noone's stopping you big man, that's why your thread is pointless

But clearly, as the video shows... people will stop me!
As much as they'd probably deserve hitting back you just don't do it.
Original post by Saeedpoppa
Not sure what you mean here, my post was literally me pointing reasonable force out as being an option for the situation in the video.

Unless the attacker had a weapon, or was physically big and strong and looked like they genuinely wanted to kill you, why would you need to react like that?
If you'd feel that way when being attacked by the average, unarmed woman then I seriously suggest you take some self-defence classes.

Excuse me. If this hypothetical idiot doesn't want a potential beat down, I suggest they don't attack me. Talk about victim blaming.
why does it matter whether the human creature that is attacking you is male or female?
RULES OF FIGHTING (these apply to all)
-If you deserve it, take it like a man
-If you're attacked for very little to no reason, perform necessary self deffence
-If you're attacked and don't seem at very much threat, try to walk away from the fight situation.
Video lacks way too much detail.....cant possibly tell....but a woman would have to do a hell of alot to cause me to throw a haymaker....if a woman is slapping me excesively you restrain them, if a group is doing it then walk away or if there doing it for no reason id throw a jab, would usually diffuse the situation

Id only throw a hard shot like in the video if my life was in danger....it didnt look like the dude was....but as said its hard to tell from that video

I do have a problem with some woman thinking they can physically assault a dude with no threat of retaliation....if a dude slaps a gorrila then gets wrecked youd blame the dude not the gorrila, people need to be aware that political correctness wont save you from real violence. Also from a legal standpoint if a woman started assaulting a dude then he knocks ber out i dont think he should get done as its self defense.

Quick Reply

Latest