The Student Room Group

Law Career Fairs

Hey,

So as I doubt i'll get a TC offer this yesr, I am planning my diary so i can attend more events to better inform my decision in law firms (and hopefully improve applications). I want to attend more law careers fairs but I've noticed that ones held at unis are exclusive for their students/graduates.

So im wondering:

1) Are there law career fairs which dont have this restriction?
2) Is it worth me emailing other uni's career advisers to see if I can weasel my way in to university hosted fairs?

Many thanks,

DOHHammie
Reply 1
Don't get me wrong, I will attend my university's fair, but some of the firms which I am interested in don't attend that law fair which is rather annoying :/

Thanks for the advice though, will keep an eye on lawcareers and aspiring solicitors and investigate citylawlive and nationallawlive

Edit: I am also a graduate so I'm trying to find something closer to home than having to travel to Uni and back

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DOHHammie
Hey,

So as I doubt i'll get a TC offer this yesr, I am planning my diary so i can attend more events to better inform my decision in law firms (and hopefully improve applications). I want to attend more law careers fairs but I've noticed that ones held at unis are exclusive for their students/graduates.

So im wondering:

1) Are there law career fairs which dont have this restriction?
2) Is it worth me emailing other uni's career advisers to see if I can weasel my way in to university hosted fairs?

Many thanks,

DOHHammie

Just go to another university's careers fair (I did) and make sure you speak to the HR person from each law firm - if they like you they may keep an eye out for your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending