The Student Room Group

been trying to get through to liverpool since 8am

every time I call I'm just met with an instant 'this is a bt announcement. The telephone network is busy at the moment. please try again later. you have not been charged for this call'.

I know this is expected on results day but after a few hundred tries it's getting a bit stressful!

Is there any way I can arrange for someone to call me when they're free or something?

Original post by AlistairMcDonald
every time I call I'm just met with an instant 'this is a bt announcement. The telephone network is busy at the moment. please try again later. you have not been charged for this call'.

I know this is expected on results day but after a few hundred tries it's getting a bit stressful!

Is there any way I can arrange for someone to call me when they're free or something?

Have you tried contacting them via social media? That amount of time to be waiting is really ridiculous.

I would keep going with the calls because you should eventually get through. Try having a few people calling to improve your chances. I second the social media thing as well, they should reply on twitter.
Original post by claireestelle
Have you tried contacting them via social media? That amount of time to be waiting is really ridiculous.

I'll give that a go now, thanks!

They don't have a hold system like most of the other places i've tried do, so i either get through when i ring or I don't. Thankfully I've managed to get some other clearing offers inbetwee calls to liverpool so I'm not stranded without any offers!

Just think I must be getting extremely unlucky :frown:

They don't have a hold system like most of the other places i've tried do, so i either get through when i ring or I don't. Thankfully I've managed to get some other clearing offers inbetwee calls to liverpool so I'm not stranded without any offers!

try from a few phones, contact them on social media, email, anything you can think of
Hopefully, your luck will change soon. You sound well prepares having got some offers in between calling liverpool though :smile:

I'm through! will let you all know how it goes :P
damnit, rejection! Oh well.. Onto the next one!

Thanks for the help guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending