The Student Room Group

Home Office, Customer Services Group: EO

Ref: 315941
Closing date: 02/11/23

Hi,

Starting a thread for anyone applying for the above post…

If you are already working (or previously) for HO, do you know which areas are 100% office based and which are hybrid? Also if you have worked in a similar role, do / did you enjoy it?

Possible areas given are:
Passports, citizenship & Civil Registration
Visas, status & Information
Customer Operations Support Services
Strategy & Transformation
Transformation
Asylum & Human Rights
ASRA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi

I’ve applied for this role too. Today submitted personal statement.
Reply 2
Anyone received the interview link yet?
Reply 3
I posted a thread about this campaign today.

Done my interview last night albeit had the 7 day standard to complete it by but got 2 days extension on the 7th day.
Reply 4
Hi, pls is the interview strength and behaviour based questions?
Reply 5
Hi just wondering if anyone has had a job offer yet? I received this up date this morning.
We received a high volume of applications, and are currently assessing interviews submitted. *We hope to have results available in the new year and will issue outcomes to all candidates as soon as we can.*Thank you for your patience whilst we progress this information for you.
I was so hoping I would know the outcome before Christmas.
Reply 6
Original post by Jodixon68
Hi just wondering if anyone has had a job offer yet? I received this up date this morning.
We received a high volume of applications, and are currently assessing interviews submitted. *We hope to have results available in the new year and will issue outcomes to all candidates as soon as we can.*Thank you for your patience whilst we progress this information for you.
I was so hoping I would know the outcome before Christmas.

I know, I'd say they're all on the wind down for Christmas so prob why we won't be hearing! I only did my interview on 3rd Dec so wasn't really expecting to hear before Christmas
Reply 7
Original post by Downgal87
I know, I'd say they're all on the wind down for Christmas so prob why we won't be hearing! I only did my interview on 3rd Dec so wasn't really expecting to hear before Christmas

Yes and I’m sure there are a lot of applications to go through. It’s just so painful waiting, as from previous experience waiting months then getting a no. I did my interview on the 1st December. Good luck to you.
Reply 8
Yes - I also received the same email this morning.
Reply 9
I received the same email as well. The wait is very very long!!!!
Reply 10
Just wondering if anyone has received any update's from HO after Christmas?
Reply 11
Nothing yet.
Reply 12
Original post by PB74
Nothing yet.

Thanks Good luck.
Reply 13
Just wondering if anyone has received any update's from HO after Christmas?

My status changed to awaiting interview results on 05/01
Reply 14
Original post by Downgal87
My status changed to awaiting interview results on 05/01

I had that up date on 15th December hopefully we will hear soon.
Reply 15
I had that up date on 15th December hopefully we will hear soon.

Fingers crossed! And good luck!!!
Reply 16
I did my interview on 10.11.23 and received the ‘We received a high volume of applications’ email on 20.12.23. The portal has stated ‘awaiting interview results’ since 13.12.2023.

I really hope they get back to us all soon since it’s already been 2 months of waiting. I thought it would take around 4–6 weeks max.

Anyone else planning on requesting a part time role instead of full time?
Reply 17
Original post by Rbi211
I did my interview on 10.11.23 and received the ‘We received a high volume of applications’ email on 20.12.23. The portal has stated ‘awaiting interview results’ since 13.12.2023.

I really hope they get back to us all soon since it’s already been 2 months of waiting. I thought it would take around 4–6 weeks max.

Anyone else planning on requesting a part time role instead of full time?

Unfortunately they do have a habit of not sticking to dates. No I am trying for full time preferably but am hoping that it maybe hybrid working.
Good luck to you
Reply 18
Unfortunately they do have a habit of not sticking to dates. No I am trying for full time preferably but am hoping that it maybe hybrid working.
Good luck to you

Thanks good luck to you too!
Reply 19
Just got my email, I didn't pass, scored 3 on each behaviour and 16 in strength

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending